JOB SUMMARY :
To provide support and leadership regarding the technical aspects of City and Departmental special events; perform a variety of technical tasks associated to job duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS : (Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following)
- Provide technical support at city-wide productions and events, as well as Mobile Stage rentals.
- Operation of small hand tools, generators, media equipment, hydraulic lifts, lighting equipment, and professional sound equipment.
- Train assigned employees in the methods and practices of live/recorded sound applications.
- Set up, test and operate various mixing consoles, power amplifiers, Front of House and Monitor speakers. Mix sound and lighting for various types of live bands and entertainment venues.
- Ensure safe work practices.
- Ensure that assigned facilities and equipment are maintained in proper working condition.
- Procure materials for assigned facilities.
- Enforce OSHA and fire regulations and enforce security of theater equipment.
- Mix professional sound and lighting in live entertainment settings.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED :
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent
- Two years of technical stage craft experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- Possession of an appropriate, valid driver's license on date of application. CDL certification desired, but not mandatory.
- Methods and techniques of sound, stage and lighting.
- Technical understanding of quality Front of House mixes.
- Mixing of live and recorded sound, operation of monitor mixes; the use of compression and equalization devices as they relate to live sound applications.
- Must have technical ability to troubleshoot problems as related to live sound and lighting applications.
- Must understand principles as related to electrical currents, Ohms Law and impedance as related to the operation of professional sound equipment.
- Principles and practices of stage and directing techniques as applied to providing technical support.
- Simple stage techniques procedures, reading and writing stage plots, labeling and instrument schedules.
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Material Safety Data Sheets procedures.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Grade: TMP-12
- Minimum Salary: 15
- Maximum Salary: 15
- Pay Basis: HOURLY