(All incumbents may not perform all duties).
- Assists, plans, organizes, and instructs a class in a specialized recreation area.
- Explains and demonstrates activity techniques to class or program participants.
- Prepares and/or submits orders for class materials and supplies.
- Observes necessary precautions to insure safety of participants. Takes appropriate actions in emergency situations.
- Maintains and submits attendance records and reports and submits incident reports as necessary.
- Orders and maintains supplies and equipment for the assigned locations.
- Supervises and insures class area readiness. Sets up and monitors class equipment and ensures its return in serviceable condition.
- Understands and implements Parks and Recreation Department Policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Class Instructor V - $12 per hour
- This position requires a minimum of 3 years of experience supervising and/or teaching a program/class directly related to the class/program area to be taught.
- Advanced professional certifications related to the program area being taught are preferred and may be required dependent on the program area.
- Incumbents will supervise/teach programs and/or classes independently. Incumbents may be responsible for the supervision of Class Instructors I - IV.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED :
Education and Experience :
- One year of experience as a Class Instructor IV or
- Minimum of three years experience teaching and/or supervising classes in a closely related program area.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate may be required at time of hire/reclassification, dependent on program area.
- Advanced certifications related to the program area being taught may be required.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and maintain satisfactory motor vehicle record and ability to obtain appropriate Nevada state driver's license within required time frame.
- Grade: TMP-9
- Minimum Salary: 12
- Maximum Salary: 12
- Pay Basis: HOURLY