JOB SUMMARY :
Under direct supervision, independently carries out programs for both indoor and outdoor parks and recreation activities. Works directly with program participants in a physically active recreation program environment. Recreation program assignments are varied and may include early childhood, aquatics, golf course, sports (adult and youth), class instruction, seniors, mobile recreation, special events, safekey (before and after school - elementary youth), and day camp.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS : (Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following)
- Assists in setting-up and conducting recreational activities, field trips, and events.
- Registers participants and collects fees for activities and concessions.
- Maintains and submits records and reports, handles money and makes up deposits, organizes registration forms, medical forms, and reviews and submits incident reports.
- Provides quality customer service to facilitate recreation programs and activities.
- Monitors and checks out athletic and game equipment.
- Responds to public and internal phone inquires and provides basic program information.
- Actively prepares, demonstrates, instructs and supervises small group recreational programs and activities.
- Assists with maintaining various program and participation records.
- Maintains a safe orderly environment during recreational activities.
- Performs general cleaning as needed to maintain a safe and sanitary facility.
- Regular and timely attendance is required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED :
Training and Experience:
Any combination of participation, education, training, volunteer or paid experience that demonstrates the ability to assist with parks and recreation program services at an entry level.
Licenses and Certifications:
The below required certifications must remain valid and current during employment for the City:
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate within three months of hire/reassignment.
- May require a valid Nevada driver's license and satisfactory motor vehicle record.
- May require a Clark County Health Card within three months of hire/reassignment.
- May require a Techniques of Alcohol Management card at time of hire/reassignment.
- Understand, follow and implement recreational and wellness related events and programs.
- Using tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Communicating clearly and effectively, orally and in writing.
- Maintain a quality customer service relationship with individuals of all ages, race, ability, and socio economic level.
- Grade: TMP-4
- Minimum Salary: 12
- Maximum Salary: 12
- Pay Basis: HOURLY