JOB SUMMARY Position is open until filled - Applications will be reviewed weekly
Conducts a variety of maintenance work related to the support of the City's wastewater lift stations, water production stations, pressure stations, water storage tanks, SCADA system, and reclaim station controls; diagnoses and repairs system and/or equipment issues; assists in monitoring facilities and stations for regulatory compliance; and performs other related duties. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DECISION MAKING
- Conducts daily inspections and adjustments on instrumentation and control systems used to monitor and/or operate the City's Wastewater Treatment facility, Water Treatment facility, water production stations, pressure stations, water storage tanks, wastewater lift stations, and reclaim stations; performs functional testing, routine maintenance and preventative care for electronic control equipment; communication cables, antennas and cable connections; calibrates and configures control on electronic equipment; diagnoses and repairs malfunctioning recording and transmitting devices; repairs piping, tubing, and brackets; welds brackets and supports as required.
- Installs and/or modifies instrumentation and control systems; monitors for proper operation and conformance with plans and specifications; modifies design and change control circuits; implements/modifies computer software programs for data logging and control; provides direction for outside contractors, engineers, and vendors regarding installation and/or specialized control systems maintenance; inspects contractor/vendor installations for compatibility and functionality.
- Monitors inventory levels; assists in the preparation of requisitions; purchase required materials, parts, and services; updates the asset management system; reviews system reports for pending work orders, backlogged work requests, and preventative maintenance schedules; monitors the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system.
- Prepares schematics; maintains records of installed system parameters and control logic; documents system changes, performance, and failures.
- Provides assistance in monitoring/maintaining facility inventory.
- Maintains assigned departmental vehicle and equipment.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Salary is dependent upon qualifications)
- This position works under general supervision.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Two (2) years technical training in electronic maintenance is required.
- Two (2) years experience in the maintenance of process instrumentation and control equipment is required.
- Experience programming PLC ladder logic is desired.
- Class "D" water or Class I wastewater certification within two (2) years employment.
- Level II Wastewater Collections, Class C Distribution Water Treatment, or Class C Surface Water Treatment certifications are required within four (4) years of employment.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
- Required to perform after hours standby duties
- Must be able to respond within 1 hour for emergency calls.
- Must be able to read/comprehend regulations, building/electrical codes, schematics, work orders, equipment/repair manuals and maintenance documentation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required; must be able to maintain positive working relationships with City departments and personnel, outside agencies, contractors, vendors, and the general public.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS Physical requirements include lifting up to 50 pounds frequently. Subject to vision constantly; standing, sitting, walking, handling, fine dexterity, hearing and talking frequently; lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, reaching, kneeling, crouching, bending, climbing, balancing and foot/hand controls occasionally; crawling and twisting rarely.
Working conditions involve exposure to variable and/or extreme weather conditions, machinery with moving parts, electrical currents, hazardous chemicals, safety situations, elevated working conditions and infectious diseases.
Utilizes personal protective equipment as required. Safety Sensitive Position.