JOB SUMMARY Position is open until filled - Applications will be reviewed weekly.
Cleans and maintains Activity Center facilities, equipment, and grounds; prepares meeting rooms and/or other facility areas for use by the public; conducts minor repairs; and performs other related duties.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DECISION MAKING
- Sets up and takes down tables, chairs, stage, dance floor, screens, and/or audio visual equipment in meeting rooms and other Activity Center facilities; moves athletic equipment and supplies as required. Assist Facilities Maintenance Worker in these duties.
- Maintains Activity Center facilities, equipment, and grounds:
- Participates in cleaning restroom, meeting room, child care, fitness areas and kitchen facilities.
- Removes and disposes of trash from inside/outside facility.
- Cleans and maintains tables and chairs.
- Monitors and ensures all areas are properly cleaned on a daily basis.
- Maintains fitness and weight equipment.
- Completes facilities maintenance work orders:
- Performs minor repairs to plumbing, lighting, ceiling tiles, and doors.
- Reports A/C, electrical, and/or other major maintenance issues.
- Provides facilities maintenance assistance at other locations as required.
- Coordinates and communicates with vendors and contractors including Janitorial.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Salary is dependent upon qualifications)
- This position works under general supervision.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One (1) year facility maintenance experience is required.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to read/comprehend City policies, maintenance, documentation, layouts/instructions, and manufacturers information.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required; must be able to maintain positive working relationships with City departments/personnel, vendors, contractors, facility renters, and the general public.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Physical requirements include lifting up to 100 pounds occasionally. Subject to standing and walking frequently; vision constantly; sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, reaching, handling, fine dexterity, kneeling, bending, twisting, climbing, balancing, hearing, talking and foot controls.
Working conditions involve exposure to variable and/or extreme weather conditions; machinery with moving parts, hazardous chemicals/materials, and infectious diseases is involved. Safety Sensitive Position.
(Part-time 30 hrs.)
5pm-10pm., M-F- Varies
Many Sat. and Sun. as needed