JOB SUMMARYPosition is Open Until Filled with next review of applications on October 26th. JOB SUMMARY
Coordinates and performs a variety of clerical duties on behalf of the San Marcos Municipal Court of Record; provides customer service to the public; processes court documents, fees, and fines; prepares assigned court documents; assists in scheduling/coordinating court proceedings; provides staff support to the Judge and/or other court personnel; and performs other related duties.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DECISION MAKING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Provides customer service to the public in person and via telephone:
- Responds to various types of court/case related inquiries; provides information regarding court policies and procedures.
- Receives, processes, documents, and receipts payments for court fees and fines; balances and maintains assigned cash drawer.
- Assists the public with various types of requests including but not limited to court dates, payment plans, and/or deferred disposition.
2. Conducts court-related clerical support duties:
- Processes various types of court documents including but not limited to complaints, affidavits, warrants, citations, requests, and motions.
- Schedules and coordinates court proceedings; notifies participants.
- Prepares assigned court dockets.
- Processes and replies to correspondence via mail, email and fax.
- Enters, updates, and maintains case file information.
- Prepares and sends out jury summons notices.
- Generates disposition and/or other assigned reports.
3. Provides staff support during court proceedings:
- Retrieves case files and other documentation required by prosecutors.
- Responds to inquiries from the Judge regarding individual cases.
- Provides defendants with appropriate case file documentation.
- Prepares paperwork pertaining to the Judge's orders.
- Answers incoming calls; performs data entry, filing, and other routine office duties.
- Assists in maintaining court forms and office supplies as assigned.
- Performs other routine and/or specializes duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Salary is dependent upon qualifications) MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- This position works under general supervision.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- One (1) year clerical experience is required.
- Certification as a Level I Certified Court Clerk is required within two (2) years of employment.
- Valid Texas Driver's License with an acceptable driving record is required.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS CORE COMPETENCIES
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Texas Municipal Court Clerk certification preferred.
- Texas Municipal court experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to read and comprehend court policies and documents.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required; must be able to maintain positive working relationships with City departments and personnel, outside agencies, law enforcement and legal personnel, defendants, and the general public.
Physical requirements include lifting up to 10 pounds rarely. Subject to sitting, handling, fine dexterity, vision, hearing constantly; hearing and talking frequently; standing, lifting, carrying, reaching, bending and foot controls rarely.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous