JOB SUMMARY Position is open until filled with next review of applications October 25th.
The Business System Analyst is responsible for understanding and supporting the business units' goals, operations, structure, policies, and processes. Using their knowledge of process improvement and experience with technology the Business Analyst will recommend solutions to help solve business problems and improve business performance. Business Analyst are responsible for developing and delivering detailed analysis of processes, system requirements documentation, software specifications, project management assistance, maintaining inter-departmental communication, and training. This position is under general supervision of the Assistant Director of Information Technology.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DECISION MAKING
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Salary is dependent upon qualifications) MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Own the development and maintenance of new and existing solutions which are focused on driving efficiency within the business via analysis, metrics, and reporting dashboards.
• Manage business client relationships.
• Serve as the primary relationship manager between the business unit and the IT department.
• Understands each department's long-term strategy; assist with planning for
enterprise wide application deployment.
• Gathers, documents and analyzes business processes; recommends changes
and facilitates communication between departments for shared solutions.
• Partner with operations/business teams to consult, develop and implement KPI's, automated reporting/process solutions, and process improvements to meet business needs.
• Collaborates with stakeholders to identify needs and document requirements for
existing system enhancements.
• Assists departments with defining functional and technical requirements when
procuring new solutions to ensure the software solves the business problem and
integrates with existing systems.
• Maintains comprehensive understanding of all city systems, having a clear
understanding of their capabilities and how they interact to identify additional
Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
• Participate in strategic and tactical planning discussions.
• Supports software implementation activities including user acceptance testing and training, helping where necessary to meet the goal of a successful go-live.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned
• Maybe subject to on-call duties and called out during emergencies
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Administration, Computer Information Systems, or
related field; and with two years of progressive advancement within the technology field relating to customer relations, business system analyst, desktop support, or project management.
- Enterprise-level business application experience with strong process analysis, design, and documentation skills.
- Excellent MS Office and MS product knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills with superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Success working in a team environment, including interfacing with different business units.
- General knowledge of multiple hardware components including workstations, servers, and other technology related equipment.
- Extremely detail oriented and customer focused.
- Valid Texas Driver's License with an acceptable driving record is required.
- Must be able to pass FBI criminal background fingerprint check, and have the ability to comply with state and federal requirements for criminal justice information security standards.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- ECBA, CCBA, CBAP, or CBAL certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with project management software a plus.
- Knowledge of multiple software applications and operating systems, including, but not limited to: Microsoft Operating Systems, System security, Networking protocols, or Microsoft SQL
- Knowledge of business operations and systems requirements process.
- Knowledge of business process analysis tools such as Visio, Excel, MS Project.
- Knowledge of technical design specifications.
- Knowledge of enterprise solutions.
- Technology related certifications desired.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS CORE COMPETENCIES
- Must obtain ITIL Foundation certification within 1 year.
- Must obtain FEMA NIMS certifications within 1 year.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Customer Service: Fosters an atmosphere of collaborative problem-solving to ensure the needs of the enterprise strategic plans are met. Displays a strong commitment to customer service. Leads wherever possible to facilitate operational improvement. Takes timely and decisive action when necessary to ensure that critical activities are accomplished promptly and successfully. Maintains responsiveness. Shares knowledge with peers. Builds professional and trusting client relationships. Manages client's expectations. Responds to client communications in a timely manner. Understands the client's needs and desires. Ensures timely delivery of product.
- Technical manuals and instruction, user documentation, user manuals, trade journals, City policies and procedures, reports, files, and other paperwork. Computer related calculations for designing spreadsheets and other programs. Must be able to communicate professionally with application users, management, field level personnel and vendors.
- Ability to mentor associate level team members; assists in the process improvement and best practice initiatives.
Physical requirements include lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally. Subject to sitting, handling, fine dexterity, vision (including distinguishing color), hearing and talking constantly; standing and kneeling frequently, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, reaching, bending and foot controls occasionally.
Working conditions involve occasional exposure to variable and/or extreme weather conditions, diesel generators and/or other machinery with moving parts, working in confined spaces, and hazards associated with moving/lifting equipment and furniture is involved. Computer room is kept at 70 degrees and may be drafty. Noisy work environment, i.e. generators, alarms, and staff talking on phones (noises are intermittent and constant). Safety Sensitive Position.