Description San Mateo Medical Center is currently seeking a skilled Extra Help nurse to join our Sexual Assault Response Team (SART).
At San Mateo Medical Center, we are always seeking ways to enhance the already impressive services we offer. This dedication to excellence is reflected in the exceptional care we provide and the extraordinary professionals who provide it. Here, you will have the chance to develop your talents with a skilled team of people who actively support and encourage each other's success. If you are ready to open new doors for your career, join us today!
The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) is part of a multidisciplinary response team who will work with law enforcement investigators, CPS social workers and Rape Trauma Services counselors responding victims at the Keller Center. The SANE is a registered nurse who will perform forensic medical exams to document injuries, collect and preserve evidence and provide post assault medications per protocol for adult and adolescent victims of sexual assault and domestic violence. The SANE will assist pediatric providers with forensic evidence collection and documentation for pediatric sexual abuse patients. The SANE will complete mandated reporting requirements if necessary. The SANE will attend court proceedings if subpoenaed.The ideal candidate will:
- Have training as a forensic nurse examiner.
- A Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate.
- Experience working with diverse, underserved populations.
- Experience as a forensic nurse examiner preferred but not required.
: Extra help nurses assigned to the Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) will receive on call pay at the rate of $18.00/hour for all hours in an on call status and $23/hour for all hours in an on call status during a holiday. When SART Nurses are called to investigate an alleged sexual assault case, s/he shall receive a flat rate payment of $350.00 for all hours spent in relationship to the specific case. SART Nurses will not receive on call pay for time during which they are working on a specific case. Hours worked in a case review related to a subpoena, or to attend a meeting with the District Attorney in relation to a case, or to appear in court, or to attend mandatory meetings will be compensated at $55.00/hour. Nursing Training and Education
: SART Nurses receive $55.00/hour for time spent participating in forensic nursing training and education, not to exceed 16 hours per year. NOTE: The current vacancy is for extra help. Extra-help positions offer temporary employment for 1040 hours, which is equivalent to about six months of full-time work, however employment might end sooner depending on the needs of the hiring departments. Extra-help assignments are at-will and the employee is paid on an hourly basis. Some extra-help positions are eligible for benefits under the Affordable Care Act. Extra-help workers are not guaranteed permanent status at the end of the extra-help assignment.
Examples Of Duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow Keller Center policies, procedures and protocols.
- Maintain professional rapport with all members of the team and member of other disciplines involved in the care of the sexual assault and domestic violence survivors.
- When on call, responds to page within 10 minutes.
- Report to the hospital within 60 minutes of a call.
- Actively participate in on-call monthly schedule, offering a minimum of 2 shifts per month; any changes in the on-call schedule must be approved by the clinical coordinator.
- A minimum of 2 exams per year is required to maintain skills. Attendance at a minimum of 6 staff meetings per year is expected.
- Be knowledgeable of community resources.
- Ensure confidentiality of all individuals in contact with the sexual assault or domestic violence program at all times.
- This position requires skills in complex decision making, organization, written and verbal communication, critical thinking, and the ability to remain non-judgmental.
- Maintain a current California RN license.
- Must participate in Q/A, competency reviews and mandatory trainings.
- Successfully complete the SART/SANE accredited training program.
Application/Examination Anyone may apply.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter describing your qualifications to Cynthia Grivas, Clinical Services Manager I- Nursing, Emergency Department, San Mateo Medical Center, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your answers to these questions in your cover letter:
- Possession of a current unrestricted California license as a Registered Nurse is required to qualify for this recruitment. Do you possess a current unrestricted California license as a Registered Nurse? (Please include your license number in your cover letter. A cover letter not containing the license number will disqualify you from this recruitment.)
- Please describe your experience and years of experience as a SANE if applicable.
- Why are you interested in this position?
Please include the words "SANE-SART Nurse" in the subject line
of email submission. All submitted materials must be in a Word or PDF format
Please submit the above listed materials via email to: Cynthia Grivas, Clinical Services Manager I- Nursing, Emergency Department , San Mateo Medical Center, email@example.com.Apply immediately. Application materials will be accepted until position is filled. This posting is open on a continuous basis and selection may be made at any time within the process.
NOTE: Applications are NOT accepted online
. Materials sent via regular mail and/or fax will not be accepted. Submittals that do not include a resume and answers to the questions will not be considered. At the County of San Mateo, we take pride in the way our employees bring together their diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to serve our community's needs. The County is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.