JOB SUMMARY HIRING RANGE: $16.38 - $19.27 per hour
FULL SALARY RANGE: $16.38 - $22.16 per hour
Under the direction of a crew leader performs semi-skilled and skilled tasks in the construction, maintenance and repair of the Town's streets and related facilities. The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description. EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- May provide functional and technical supervision to subordinate maintenance staff.
- Respond to service calls concerning emergencies or problems on a stand-by basis, work to reduce state of emergency and correct problems, perform overtime duties as necessary or required in order to maintain proper functioning order as assigned.
- Secure and partition off work areas with traffic signs, cones and barricades; direct traffic around work areas as necessary.
- Install and repair traffic control devices, guardrails and barricades; maintain existing signs and traffic control devices; clean site as necessary.
- Participate in street repairs; prepare holes in street surfaces for repair; apply patching material to fill hole.
- Become familiar with the location of various City streets and addresses.
- Learn and follow procedures for patching and repairing street surfaces.
- Follow procedures for installing poles, pipes and traffic signs.
- Follow modern construction methods and practices.
- Follow proper techniques for mixing, pouring and finishing concrete and asphalt.
- Ensure that safety apparel is worn at all times and that safety rules and practices are observed in the performance of duties.
- Perform minor vehicle maintenance on assigned Town vehicle.
- Operation and use of a variety of tools and equipment.
- Principles and practices of equipment maintenance and repair.
- Standard procedures for assigned division.
- Property techniques for applying paint to various surfaces.
- Hazards associated with the work and proper safety precautions.
- Modern construction methods and practices.
- Techniques for mixing, pouring and finishing concrete.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Possession of a valid Class C Texas driver's license.
- Possession of a valid commercial driver's license (CDL) and/or obtain within 12 months of employment.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Lifting techniques for minimizing physical injury.
- Perform physical requirements of the job.
- Perform work in an undesirable or hazardous environment including inclement weather, confined spaces, improper illumination and traffic.
- Establish and maintain cooperative-working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Operate and use a variety of tools, machinery and equipment relevant to work assignments.
- Perform related duties as assigned.