CLASS SUMMARYJOIN THE SPOKANE CITY PARKS AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT TODAY!The Corbin Art Center is looking for a temp-seasonal Instructor to be a part of our winning team and contribute to the inspiration of our City's tomorrow.
The Corbin Art Center is seeking energetic and artistic instructors to lead many of our offered programs . This position has the opportunity to instruct preschool classes, school age classes, adult classes, birthday parties, etc. You will be creating a fun, and positive experience for children, teens and adults to learn a skill or experience a fun event while enjoying the beauty of our historical building!
EXAMPLES OF JOB FUNCTIONS
The following Responsibilities and Requirements are functions the individual who holds or desires the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide general supervision and control of students and spectators in their classroom.
- Prepare art and craft supplies, equipment, and support materials for classroom use.
- Use proper care, cleaning, and storage of arts and crafts equipment and supplies.
- Attend mandatory instructor meetings to review policies, procedures, and responsibilities.
- Work with other parks and recreation staff.
- Ensure proper care of equipment and facilities.
- Complete lesson plans or a schedule of activities for each class/event scheduled.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSREQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
- Applicants must be 18 years or age or older.
- One year of experience working with children and/or adults in a teaching environment.
- Ability to work on your feet for the entire shift.
- Ability to lift 20lbs.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
This is a part-time position with a varying schedule ranging from mornings, early evenings and some weekends. The typical hours for this position may be up to twelve (12) hours per week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, familial status, genetic information, veteran/military status or disability status.