Job Summary Do you desire a position where you make a difference in people's lives and serve justice? If so, the place to find that dream job is with the Mohave County Superior Court and Probation.About the Mohave County Courts and Probation
The Mohave County Courts and Probation are a high-performing organization, with a collaborative team of innovators who work to improve our Courts and the services we provide. We hire people who will share our vision of making a difference in people's lives in the communities we serve.
See all that the Mohave County Courts and Probation offer!
To view information about the Youth Care Worker position please view the video on Project AIM. JOB SUMMARY
The Mohave County Probation Department seeks to establish a hiring register of qualified applicants for the position of Youth Care Worker I. Under general supervision, undertakes and performs a variety of journey level tasks, duties and services related to processing, supervision, welfare, treatment and care of clients in the Evening Reporting Center program located at the Mohave County Juvenile Detention Center.To Apply
The position is open until filled; however, an initial review of applications will begin on Wednesday, November 4, 2020.Essential Job Functions
- Note: Resumes are considered supplemental information only. Failure to complete the entire online application, including fully detailing all education and experience, will likely result in disqualification. Please read and follow the Superior Court Application Instructions .
- Complete and submit your application, resume, letter of interest online.
- Print, read, complete, and return to Superior Court Human Resources at 415 Spring St., Kingman, AZ 86401 the additional Probation Department Supplemental Application Packet .
Please see job description Minimum Qualifications REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
A high school diploma or GED AND
one-year experience as a Youth Care Worker Recruit - Juvenile OR, when filled from the outside, requires prior experience in a juvenile detention center or related detention facility experience, or residential treatment center experience OR
any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved. SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must complete annual training as required by the Committee on Judicial Education and Training (COJET).
- Requires the ability to work a varied schedule: some days from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, or evenings from 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Must possess a valid State of Arizona Driver's License at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Provide an acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- Be of good moral character, undergo and successfully complete a criminal history/background investigation (felony and misdemeanor convictions may be disqualifying depending on upon the severity and recency.
- Offers of employment are conditioned upon the candidate's successful completion of a psychological evaluation, polygraph examination and pre-employment drug/alcohol screen.
- Employees are subject to immediate callout when an emergency, disaster or breach of homeland security occurs. Employees shall be available unless excused, to ensure the court is adequately staffed during and immediately following natural and/or manmade disasters, infectious disease outbreaks, and acts of terrorism. This may require assisting other employees in the work unit in accomplishing assignments as necessary and the working of unusual, long hours over an extended period of time with infrequent breaks or rest periods. An employee who is working with an accommodation must meet with their supervisor and division head to discuss their requirement for response.