Job Summary Relocating? Explore all that Mohave County has to offer at:
http://www.mohavedevelopment.org/liveandplay/live-play/ Mohave County Public Works is currently recruiting for a Road Maintenance Worker in the Kingman/Golden Valley Roads Division
This is an entry level position involved in the operation of light to medium equipment utilized in the maintenance and repair of county-maintained roads and property. Incumbents will receive on-the-job training on light and medium equipment. Incumbents may also receive additional training in the operation of heavy equipment. As incumbents attain and demonstrate qualifications, the incumbent may be periodically required to operate heavy equipment. REPORTS TO
Work is performed under the general supervision of a higher level of authority. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
None Essential Job Functions
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work is subject to varying job site assignments and may be subject to call back, overtime, and irregular schedules including completion of work assignments on weekends and holidays.
- Performs a variety of road maintenance and repair tasks by performing various manual labor assignments, such as, but not limited to: operating jackhammer, drilling holes in rocks, shoveling of cold mix asphalt cake, raking chips, chip sealing, asphalt patching, oiling, sweeping, trimming trees, weeding, mowing, removing debris, installing cattle guards, placing of barricades and cones, and flagging of traffic.
- Utilizes various hand and power tools and equipment such as: jackhammer, compressors, drills, chain saw, mower, shovel, rake, and weed eater.
- Operates and services light to medium equipment utilized in the maintenance and repair of roads and to haul materials and equipment. Utilizes equipment such as: medium - tandem axle truck; all front end loaders; all rollers; all sweepers; water truck; other related medium equipment; light - single axle truck; sweeper; rubber tire roller; jack hammer; hand tools; and other related light equipment. May receive additional training on operating and servicing of heavy equipment used in construction, maintenance and repair of roads. May be periodically assigned to operate and service heavy equipment upon attaining and demonstrating ability to perform assignment. May receive training on any or all of the following: backhoe; screening plant; paddle wheel scraper, dozer blade; chip spreader; tractor/trailer; remote blades; water truck; bituminous distributor; laydown machine; or any other related heavy equipment.
- May receive additional training on operating and servicing of heavy equipment used in maintenance and repair of roads. May be periodically assigned to operate and service heavy equipment upon attaining and demonstrating ability to perform assignment. May receive training on any or all of the following: backhoe; screening plant; paddle wheel finish scraper, dozer, and blade; chip spreader; tractor/trailer; remote blades;water truck, motor grader, bituminous distributor; laydown machine; or any other related heavy equipment.
- Adheres to safety procedures in work areas and in performance of work assignments.
- Cleans, maintains and services required equipment and tools used during performance of work assignments.
- Communicates and acts in a professional manner with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
- Performs related work as required.
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- High School Diploma or GED
- OR an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered in meeting the minimum requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Knowledge of:
- Must pass drug screen post offer.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Commercial Driver's License Class B with N Endorsement (tank vehicle), without E Restriction (manual transmission), without L Restriction (air brakes), and without Z Restriction (air brakes), within six (6) months of appointment to the position.
- Must provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- Road construction, maintenance and repair methods.
- Hand Tools, operation and servicing of light and medium equipment utilized in the maintenance and repair of roads. Traffic laws, ordinances, and regulations involved in equipment operation such as Arizona's Blue Stake law.
- Safety hazards, practices and procedures related to road construction, maintenance and repair work and the operation of heavy equipment.
- Use and care of equipment, tools, and materials used in road maintenance and repair activities.
- Safe, effective operation and servicing of light to medium equipment such as: medium - tandem axle truck; all front end loaders; all rollers; all sweepers; water truck, and other related medium equipment; and light - single axle truck; tractor/mower; sweeper; rubber tire roller; and other related light equipment.
- Effectively service, maintain, and operate equipment in accordance with standard operating and safety procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associate personnel.
- Understand and follow, quickly and accurately, oral and written instructions.
- Drive a manual shift transmission.
- Learn safe, effective operation of light to heavy equipment.
- Perform the essential functions of the class with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Fulfill all physical requirements of the class.
- Comply with Mohave County Personnel Procedures and Department Regulations.