Job Summary Relocating? Explore all that Mohave County has to offer at:
h ttp://www.mohavedevelopment.org/liveandplay/live-play/ The Mohave County Recorder's Office is currently recruiting for an Office Supervisor.
Performs secondary line supervisory work involved in maintaining the administrative, business and clerically-oriented processes of a large office staff within a major department that performs a wide variety of clerical functions. Position is responsible to a department director or staff level manager/administrator for maintaining the administrative, business and clerically-oriented processes of the department. Position has full supervisory responsibility, independently develop and implement new procedures and have a major impact on the department's budget and planning processes. Position assists in establishing office policies and set standards for the interpretation and application of departmental policies as they apply to the office functions. This class is also distinguished because of the level of work it supervises, the responsibility for a number of separate functions, the complexity and impact of the functions, the size and level of the organization and in that it reports directly to a department director or staff level manager/administrator.
Work is performed independently under general direction of a department director or staff level manager/administrator. The employee is expected to exercise initiative and independent judgment in accordance and ensuring compliance with established procedures and regulations.
Directly exercises immediate to general supervision over an assigned staff. Essential Job Functions
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervises, coordinates, directs and participates in the activities of assigned department.
- Supervises, coordinates and performs a variety of administrative staff work such as: scheduling; maintaining records; reviewing departmental records to ensure compliance to regulations and procedures; assisting in the development and implementation of new or revised procedures; policies and training methods for department; responding to requests for information or services; performing related administrative, planning and research activities; and preparing correspondence, reports, statistical information and may prepare budget materials for budget development and planning.
- Monitors designated budgets and expenditures, reviews for accuracy, and makes adjustments and revisions as directed; prepares purchase orders and supply requisitions; may monitor receipt of materials and invoices; processes travel claims; oversees financial records.
- Determines best course of action in the completion of assignments in department including setting priorities.
- Serves as clerk and maintains official files of minutes, agendas and resolutions of Mohave County commissions and committees supported by the Department; prepares and distributes notices, agendas and supplementary materials, schedules facilities and audio-visual equipment, prepares transcribed minutes and follow-up actions, and video or audio recordings of meetings.
- Creates and processes letters, newsletters, e-mails, and other documents independently for the department head; provides effective oral and written communication, and maintains relationships with office staff serving the Board of Supervisors, the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, members of the County commissions and committees supported by the department, other county offices, outside agencies, the public, and the news media; assists in preparing news releases and communication bulletins regarding department activities; edits letters, performance reports, newsletters and any related publications for the department.
- Instructs personnel on County and departmental personnel rules, policies, and procedures; serves as departmental liaison to County human resources; maintains strict confidentiality of personnel information processed as part of regular departmental business.
- Completes performance evaluations; may make hiring recommendations; recommends disciplinary actions; approves vacations and time off; prepares work schedules and assignments; supervises the activities of assigned personnel; audits files and monitors reports and recordkeeping activities filed by assigned personnel for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to and ensuring compliance to policies, procedures, rules and regulations of department; instructs personnel on departmental policies, procedures and techniques; and provides training.
- Assists and instructs assigned personnel in the resolution of difficult problems and situations.
- Assists general public in the resolution of difficult problems and situations.
- Assists in and coordinates activities and programs with other county departments.
- Prepares, complete, accurate and timely reports, records and logs.
- May perform any duties and responsibilities of department as required.
- Communicates and acts in a professional manner with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
- Performs related work as required.
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- High School Diploma/GED (General Education Degree).
- Three (3) years progressively responsible experience in the performance of advanced/specialized level work as an Office Assistant Senior or Office Specialist in assigned or related department.
- OR three (3) years progressively responsible advanced level clerical/technician work experience specific or related to assigned department.
- One (1) year first line supervisory experience.
- OR an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training may be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
As assigned to the Recorders Office:
- Must possess a valid driver's license for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- A requirement of proficiency to type 60 words per minute (wpm) may be necessary.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Knowledge of:
- Must be registered to vote in the state of Arizona.
As assigned to the Recorder's Office (
- Administrative rules and regulations and the policies and procedures of federal, state and county requirements utilized in the assigned department.
- Organization of the department.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Index and filing systems.
- General finance and accounting principles.
- Effective telephone and audio/visual conferencing techniques.
- English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Principles of Internet research.
- MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software applications; Adobe Acrobat software; database software; Internet social media for news releases; e-mail, calendar, and task scheduling software applications.
- Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations.
may include any and/or all of the knowledge above):
- Arizona Revised Statutes regarding property records, recording requirements and retention schedules.
- Department policies, rules and procedures.
As assigned to the Recorder's Office (
- Courtesy and tact in dealing with the public and public officials.
- Mathematics to perform calculations and general accounting procedures.
- Principles and practices of leadership, supervision and training.
- Effectively operating modern office machines as necessary to include typewriters, calculators, copiers, fax machines, Internet enabled telephones, audio/video conferencing equipment and skill in utilizing computer hardware and software including personal computers, tablets, handheld computers, and scanners.
- Establishing and maintaining effective file systems.
- Performing research and compile information from a variety of sources.
may include any and/or all of the skills above):
- Interpreting instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule form and exercising independent judgment to adopt or modify methods and standards to meet variations in assigned objectives.
- Communicating and maintaining professionalism with the public, co-workers and work contacts.
As assigned to the Recorder's Office (
- Exhibit and instruct strong customer-service skills and strong team orientation.
- Set priorities, assign, schedule, train, supervise, audit, and evaluate work activities and to persuade assigned personnel effectively.
- Understand, interpret and apply pertinent federal, state and local rules, regulations, procedures and policies of assigned department.
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged and sensitive information.
- Work independently.
- Perform and coordinate department purchases and expense reconciliation, research and implement methods to save costs, interpret financial data, estimate expenses, and prepare and track budgets.
- Hold staff meetings and collaborate with other departments to facilitate efficient work flow.
- Develop appropriate, effective and efficient methods of completing assignments.
- Follow complex oral and written instructions and communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Prepare clear, concise, grammatically correct (including punctuation and spelling), letters, memos, minutes, and other written documents.
- Exercise independent thinking and good judgment.
- Comply with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulation.
- Perform the essential functions of the job specifications with or without a reasonable accommodation.
may include any and/or all of the abilities above):
- Follow and adhere to Arizona Revised Statutes for document recording and retention schedules and other statutes as required.
- Effectively analyze and interpret proper statutory requirements for document recording.