Job Summary Relocating? Explore all that Mohave County has to offer at: h ttp://www.mohavedevelopment.org/liveandplay/live-play/ Mohave County Library is currently recruiting for a Library Information Support Technician in Lake Havasu City, AZ.
The Library Information Support Technician is a full-time position (40 hours per week). Must be willing to work days, evenings and weekends.
Hiring Range 15 / Step 1-2: $20.48 - $21.50
Implement, support and maintain computer operations in a library environment. Systems supported include PC's, servers, network and software applications. This position provides training to end-users and acts as the liaison between computer system vendors and end-users. REPORTS TO
A higher level of authority. Employee is expected to exercise initiative and independent judgment in developing recommendations and selecting appropriate resources in accordance with established policies and procedures in the development, utilization, and enhancement of library computer and network systems. Oversee the creation and maintenance of training materials, documentations, or classes. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
Employee may direct day-to-day tasks and assignments of part time trainers and/or volunteers.Essential Job Functions
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides hardware and software support of library computers used by the public and related computer servers and network infrastructure in support of the security and use of public computers.
- Installs and configures computer peripheral equipment including printers, barcode scanners, change machines, touch screens, and other equipment used by library staff and patrons.
- Assists in the system analysis, computer configuration, planning and training of library staff and patrons in the use of computers and technology used by the library.
- Develops, documents, and delivers training and workshops for library patrons and staff.
- Configures, maintains, and supports networks for which Mohave County Support is not available, including Wi-Fi.
- Configures, maintains, supports, and encourages the use of self-service equipment and software for self-check, print control and patron self-payment of fines, fees, and printing costs.
- Serves as the initial point of contact with vendors to solve problems.
- Acts as the first line of support for patrons and library staff needing assistance in using the Library's public service and library automation technology.
- Trains fellow employees on system operations and usage.
- Maintains current technical expertise and stays abreast of current technology trends in the library and end-user devices by attending trainings, conferences, meetings, reading relevant literature and online sources.
- Performs hardware and software diagnostics to resolve problems.
- Collects and maintains statistics and reports as needed related to the performance, function, and utilization of library resources and technology.
- Participates in library-wide committees as assigned, particularly those responsible for technology planning, training, and support.
- Creates and manages databases, procedures, and documentation including software and hardware inventory and licensing.
- Communicates and acts in a professional manner with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
- System administration and configuration tasks on Integrated Library System (ILS) and related technologies and systems.
- Coordinates hardware and software upgrades, repairs and replacements on an ongoing basis.
- Develops and publicizes training and training materials for staff and the general public.
- Creates and presents computer classes and workshops for staff and patrons.
- Writes, develops, and maintains online content for library staff and patrons.
- Performs related work as required.
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- May be assigned to manage and configure the Integrated Library System (ILS) documentation, procedures, and training of staff in the correct and effective use of the system.
- May be assigned to maintain and develop Library Website and ILS "Discovery Layer" (Online Catalog), and social media, including organization presentation, and interfacing with subscribed 3rd party resources (databases) and training to staff.
- May be assigned as the primary point of contact for technical problem solving with interfacing and telecommunications vendors and/or Mohave County IT to resolve issues.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
Preferred Education, Experience and Training
- High School Diploma/GED (General Education Degree).
- Four (4) years of technical support work with computer operations, configuration, maintenance, networks, software/hardware programs and/or related field including One (1) year technical support in a library setting.
- OR Associates Degree in Computer Information Systems and Two (2) years technical support including One (1) year technical support in a library setting.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training may be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- A+ Certification or other related industry recognized certifications
- Two years (2) year technical support in a library setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Knowledge of:
- Must possess a valid State of Arizona Driver's License at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- Principles, methods, objectives and practices of computer hardware, operating systems, and software.
- Window desktop operating system.
- Specialized hardware and software systems used in the library industry.
- Diagnostic methods for computer hardware and software.
- Installing and configuring wireless network equipment.
- Computer hardware and software, cabling, and peripheral equipment.
- Network protocols and connectivity, including TCP/IP addressing, access points, switches and related technology.
- Personal computer architecture and components, including component installation and/or replacement.
- Printer maintenance and other computer hardware maintenance.
- Analytic tools and software including databases and spreadsheets.
- Web and social media technologies as used by libraries for delivery of services and communicating with customers.
- Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulation.
- Customer service relations, communication and training to assist staff and patrons in varying technical knowledge and skill level.
- Advanced personal computer operations.
- Complex problem solving and troubleshooting for determining the causes of operating errors, system failures and resolving issues.
- Communicate technical ideas clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Train and provide support to computer users.
- Maintain accurate records and inventory of documentation, procedures, hardware, and software.
- Analyze operating problems of hardware and software and develop effective solutions.
- Compile reports from a variety of sources and analyze, summarize, and present numerical information.
- Comply with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with library and county employees, departments, customers, and vendors.
- Use logical and creative thought process to develop solutions according to written specifications and/or oral instructions.
- Organize and prioritize work to accomplish work assignments and tasks in a reasonable timeframe.
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.