Job Summary Relocating? Explore all that Mohave County has to offer at:
http://www.mohavedevelopment.org/liveandplay/live-play/ This is a continuous recruitment to create a register of eligible candidates.
Do you have a desire to protect and serve your community? The Mohave County Sheriff's Office (MCSO) is seeking passionate individuals to join our team as a Deputy Sheriff. In this role, high importance is placed on ensuring public safety is provided and maintained by an individual who takes pride in their work and considers the impact of their actions on an individual, team and organizational level.
We are looking for candidates who possess integrity and strong interpersonal skills. Ideal candidates are skilled problem solvers with the ability to use good judgment while diffusing situations, resolving conflict, and serving others and the community.
Prior to hiring, the Sheriff's Office requires that all applicants complete the following: orientation; written examination; physical a gility
t est; oral board interview, background investigation; polygraph exam; medical exam and psychological exam. HOW TO APPLY: Please read and follow the instructions below 1) Apply online :
Complete and submit an online application by clicking on "Apply"
(This will take you to the log-in page where you may need to create an account if you haven't done so already). 2) Electronic application with AZ POST :
After you have submitted your application, you will need to access the Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (AZ POST) website to create a user account to complete and submit your Statement of Personal History and Application for Certification for post certification.
Go to my.azpost.gov to create your account:
Bring your proof of submission of your AZ POST Certification Application with you to your scheduled testing date. 3) Schedule a test date :
- To register with AZ POST follow these instructions: Registering with AZ POST
- If you have already created an Account Log in click here: Log in AZ POST
- After your AZ POST submission, you will receive an email confirmation with your Form ID Number. Please send your Form ID Number to MCSOSupplemental@mohavecounty.us
Once you have submitted your online application and AZ POST information, your information will be reviewed by the Mohave County Sheriff's Department. If you are selected to continue in the recruitment process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your testing date. (Check your email for the contact information) 2021 Deputy Sheriff - Written Test will be held
March 15 & 16
June 14 & 15
September 13 & 14
December 6 & 7*Incomplete packets and/or late arrivals will be rescheduled and are ineligible to test or re-apply no less than 90 days.
Work involves participation in assigned in-service training and formal academic programs of instruction designed to qualify the incumbent for certification as a Deputy Sheriff. Upon hire as Deputy Sheriff you will be scheduled to attend and must successfully complete a recognized Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training Board (AZ POST) training academy.
*Graduation from the academy requires trainees successfully complete the Arizona Post POPAT (Download PDF reader) (Police Officer Physical Aptitude Test). SUPERVISION EXERCISED
Formal academic instruction and in-service training are performed under immediate supervision; however, as skill and experience are gained in fulfilling routine duties, increasingly independent action may be authorized. Work is reviewed through observation, conferences, written examinations, performance tests and an evaluation of training records and reports.Minimum Qualifications
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- High school diploma or GED; must be a U.S. citizen; and must be twenty (20) years and six (6) months of age at the time of application, and 21 years of age prior to the completion of the Sheriff's academy.
- Must meet Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) standards, as determined through the pre-employment process, as indicated here: https://apps.azsos.gov/public_services/Title_13/13-04.pdf (Download PDF reader)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities See full job description details by clicking here: Deputy Sheriff
- Possess the ability to successfully complete a written examination, physical agility testing, oral board interview, polygraph examination, psychological examination, background investigation, final administrative interview and other testing appropriate to law enforcement individuals.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.