Job Summary Relocating? Explore all that Mohave County has to offer at: http://www.mohavedevelopment.org/liveandplay/live-play/ *Mohave County Finance Department is currently recruiting for the position of Accountant Senior located In Kingman, AZ* Depending on qualifications, may underfill position. This posting will be used to fill current and future vacancies: *May underfill position as Accountant Range 18, Step 1-10: $23.71 - $36.79
Performs responsible and complex professional advanced level work involved in accounting, auditing and analysis and maintaining fiscal records and systems. This is the advanced level class in the Accountant Series and the class is distinguished from the Accountant within the series by the complexity of the work assigned, knowledge required and the relatively high consequence of error and the independence, initiative and judgment required. REPORTS TO
Work is performed independently under direction of a higher level of authority and requires exercising initiative and independent judgment and decisions in accordance with established procedures and regulations. SUPERVISION EXERCISED
Exercises technical, functional and/or direct supervision of subordinates. May supervise Financial Services Department staff in absence of a higher authority.Essential Job Functions
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops department and county-wide policies and procedures relating to internal financial controls.
- Reviews and analyzes internal accounting systems, practices and procedures and prepares recommendations for improvements or corrective actions.
- Provides technical assistance to Accountant(s) in the development and completion of schedules and reports.
- Develops long- and short-range financial forecasts.
- Performs a variety of financial analysis related to general government operations including, but not limited to, cost accounting, cost allocation, direct and indirect cost allocation, user fee analysis, statistical analysis and analysis of long-term financial alternatives.
- Prepares periodic financial reports.
- Performs county-wide internal audits and prepares related reports.
- Provides advice and assistance to diverse county functions to ensure compliance with county policy, statutory requirements and generally accepted accounting principles, and government accounting procedures.
- Monitors state and federal grant revenues and expenditures.
- Monitors Special District project accounts.
- Prepares the Annual Financial Report.
- Communicates and acts in a professional manner with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
- Performs related work as required.
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
PREFERRED SPECIAL REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration with a major in Accounting.
- Three (3) or more years experience performing responsible professional governmental accounting.
- OR an equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the desired knowledge, skills and abilities.
Maintain and possess a current certification as a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Managerial Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor. SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Knowledge of:
- Must possess a valid driver's license for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- Principles, theories, practices and concepts of accounting including cost accounting, governmental accounting, enterprise accounting and accounting analysis procedures.
- Accounting principles, theory and practices and application, preferably in governmental settings.
- Fiscal administration and budgetary practices.
- Financial accounting, analysis, reporting and auditing practices.
- GAAP and accounting practices.
- Modern office procedures and practices, including record keeping and data security methods and techniques.
- Private and municipal accounting and data processing systems.
- Department policies, rules and procedures.
- Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations
- Conducting critical analyses;
- Conducting research;
- Reconciling accounts;
- Preparing complex financial reports and documentation;
- Coordinating fiscal activities, interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes, regulations, and standards;
- Utilizing a computer and relevant software applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Communicating and maintaining professionalism with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
- Review, prepare and analyze accounting transactions, to establish accounting procedures within established guidelines and to prepare financial statements and technical reports in accordance with varying regulations and reporting requirements.
- Analyze, audit and interpret accounting records, financial statements, computer printouts and reports of financial and accounting systems for completeness and accuracy.
- Gather and to analyze appropriate relevant data and prepare and present clear, concise and accurate reports and related information.
- Comply with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations.
- Perform the essential functions of the job specifications with or without a reasonable accommodation.