Application materials will be reviewed in a continuous basis to fill current and future permanent and temporary needs. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment will be used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise in any unit (Natividad offers up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position). Exam# 21/52A22/07CR. POSITION DESCRIPTION Natividad is currently seeking to fill a permanent full time Senior Clinic Nurse position in the Natividad Care Cardiology Clinic and Specialty Clinic.
The Senior Clinic Nurse serves as a lead worker to clinic nursing staff and provides professional nursing care and services to patients and their families; assists physicians and carries out their instructions; handles complex and routine care and services to patients; assists with training and orientation to staff; and performs related work as required.
Examples of Duties THE SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Coordinates, manages and participates in triage of patients; writes protocols for triage; reviews triage with clinic nurses daily; reviews triage paperwork for appropriate referrals.
- Provides case management for the most complex cases seen at the clinic; implements strategies to overcome language and cultural barriers; educates patients about how to follow physician's orders; researches available pharmacies for patients; and coordinates for follow-up services with public health nurses and hospitals, other agencies and health care programs.
- Oversees the referral process to find specialists who can treat the patients, locates transportation for patients to visit the specialists; coordinates ancillary services, such as visits to radiology, pulmonology, audiology and laboratory; and works to overcome financial barriers to health care.
- Assesses, plans, organizes and provides nursing care to patients in accordance with physician instructions and protocols.
- Provides training to Clinic Nurses and Nursing Assistants on the use of equipment, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), clinic protocols, and on-going in-service education; oversees maintenance of medical credentials; and provides orientation and training to new staff, nursing students, providers, and physicians.
- Serves as point of contact for the physicians to assure that clinical support processes are accomplished according to clinic protocols and standards.
- Under the oversight of the clinic pharmacist, ensures that medications are current and not expired, and ensures that physicians have all the necessary information for dispensing medicine and that it is dispensed properly.
- Identifies and communicates need for policy and procedure revisions, may assist in the development and revision of policies and procedures.
- Participates in quality assurance activities related to patient care and suggests modifications to nursing practices based on results and findings.
- May participate in data collection for research and special studies.
Examples of Experience/Education/Training THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Will have proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills, and abilities: Thorough Knowledge of:
Working Knowledge of:
- Current theory, principles, techniques, procedures and triage processes used in professional nursing
- Medical terminology, medical instruments and equipment
- Routines typical to a family practice and/or public health clinic
- The uses, effects and contraindications of a medicines and narcotics
- Federal, State, and local laws and regulations that govern nursing practice
- Current treatments, drugs and equipment associated with the clinic specialty
Skill and Ability to:
- Community resources available to provide patient care and follow-up
- Computer applications related to nursing
- Principles and practices of quality assurance
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. An example of a way these requirements might be acquired is: Education:
- Plan, coordinate, and monitor the work of lower-level clinical staff
- Train clinical staff on clinic protocols, use and operation of equipment, and provide in-service education
- Perform the full range of registered nursing duties and responsibilities
- Plan, present and manage care plans for patients needing case management
- Prepare and maintain records, reports and laboratory results tracking
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt effective course of action
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, providers, patients and fellow employees
- Communicate effectively with physicians, providers, patients and fellow employees
- Keep abreast of developments in area of clinical medicine
Completion of an accredited nursing program with a valid California Registered Nurse License. AND Experience:
Three (3) years of experience as a registered nurse in a clinic setting. Cardiac Nursing experience is highly desirable for this position.
Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
**REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS**
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven and clean driving record.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes: 1. APPLICATION SUBMISSION:
A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciadL@natividad.com. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m.2. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL
: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant's answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical.
The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process 3. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT
: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam. 4. ELIGIBLE LIST
: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
Natividad offers up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a per-diem position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.