Application materials will be reviewed in an ongoing basis until positions are filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment maybe used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise (Natividad offers up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position). Exam# 21/52A19/03CR. *Eligible for 10% special pay in addition to hourly rate. POSITION DESCRIPTION Natividad is seeking to full two (2) full-time permanent Resource Nurse positions in our Float Pool Unit.
The Resource Nurse at Natividad shall be a registered nurse who has had orientation in multiple specific areas and is deemed competent to perform patient care for Medical Surgical, Telemetry, Acute Rehabilitation, and Mental Health Units. This nurse should be available to respond to areas of the hospital that are in need of assistance with specific tasks due to temporary circumstances.
Staff Nurse II's are expected to work at the full scope of their licensure, performing both clinical and leadership responsibilities under minimum supervision.
Examples of Duties ESSENTIAL DUTIES
Typical tasks that may be assigned to the Resource Nurse are the following:
In addition to the duties above, a Staff Nurse II at Natividad is expected to perform the following:
- Assist various nursing units of the hospital with admissions and discharges, especially during periods of high volume
- Accompany patients who need a nurse while off the nursing unit for tests or procedures
- Start IV's, insert catheters, perform dressing changes, or other nursing procedures
- Perform break relief for nurses when there is no break nurse assigned or there are inadequate staff to provide breaks
- Assesses, plans, organizes and provides nursing care to assigned patients in accordance with physician instructions.
- Makes preliminary observation of and prepares patients for medical treatment; assists physicians in administering treatments and in performing medical examinations, diagnostic tests and surgical questions; administers prescribed treatments and medications to patients.
- Serves as a resource person and provides orientation and training to new staff, residents, medical and nursing students.
- Charts treatments of patients; records and reports significant changes in condition and general progress of patient.
- Instructs patients in carrying our physician's orders (discharge teaching).
Examples of Experience/Education/Training MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Required Licensure:
Possession of a valid California Registered Nurse license or ability to obtain a CA RN License prior to employment is required. You may be eligible to receive educational pay if you possess a BSN or MSN (highly desirable) THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE A PROVEN TRACK RECORD DEMONSTRATING THE FOLLOWING: Thorough knowledge of
: Due to the considerable difference in patient profiles, work conditions and responsibilities, each of the clinical areas require a distinct mix of knowledge, skills and abilities. Applicants must possess a combination of education, training, and/or experience which demonstrate competency in the appropriate mixture of qualifications, current theory; principles; techniques and procedures used in professional nursing, medical terminology, instruments and equipment; routines typical to an acute care hospital and/or outpatient clinic; uses and effects of medicines and narcotics; Federal, State, and local laws and regulations which govern the nursing practice; and current treatments, drugs and equipment associated with an area of specialization. Working knowledge of
: Safety policies and procedures related to nursing; community resources available to provide patient care and follow-up; computer applications related to nursing; principles and practices of quality assurance. Skill and ability to:
Perform the full range of staff nursing duties and responsibilities; plan and organize nursing plans for patients; keep abreast of developments in area of nursing specialization. Prepare and maintain records and reports; analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action; establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, patients and fellow employees; communicate effectively with physicians, patients and other hospital employees.
Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
Summary Sheet at: http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/personnel/benefits/summary/2017/S-Benefits%20Summary%20Sheet%2003-2017.pdf **REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS** APPLICATION SUBMISSION:
A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com ;
resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciadL@natividad.com
. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL:
: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant's answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical.
The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT:
To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam. ELIGIBLE LIST:
Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position you will not be eligible for the benefits. The Staff Nurse II Per-diem salary rate is: 59.499 - $81.219 per hour (10% special pay only applies to benefitted positions).(Natividad offers up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position).