Application materials will be reviewed in an ongoing basis until position is filled.
Please allow two (2) weeks for processing of all application materials. The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future temporary and permanent positions as vacancies arise (Natividad offers up to a $1,500 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position).
Exam#20/80L02/08CR. Natividad is currently seeking to fill several permanent and temporary Patient Registrar (Patient Services Representative II) positions in Admitting/Registration and Clinic Services.
Under general supervision, incumbents perform general registration duties and work variable shifts and weekends. These incumbents are responsible to interview patients to collect, verify, and document billing information related for each patient encounter and accurately enter the data into the information system. We are seeking individuals that are customer service oriented, have flexible schedules, self-motivated multi-task oriented, and have the ability to work individually and with team members to support various registration functions to achieve the highest quality possible.
Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT DUTIES
- Welcome and assist patients and visitors into Hospital Clinics, Health Department Clinics or Hospital Admitting or Emergency Department.
- Use system to schedule patient appointments, obtain prior eligibility and insurance authorization, enter information and documents into computer system correctly and timely, provide data to the business office.
- Screen/Interview patients to obtain necessary new or updated information, including legal name referencing acceptable related to patient identification, payor sources, employment and other information, for hospital pre-admissions and admissions, clinic services, laboratory and diagnostic services, pharmacy and emergency treatment or other outpatient services; and screen and refer patients to publicly-funded payor programs for eligibility evaluation.
- Understand Trauma procedures and follow state and federal hospital compliance guidelines along with hospital and department policies when preparing hospital admission packets, outpatient packets, newborn packets, and OB pre-registration packets, other pre-registrations; assist patients with completion of forms and paperwork requiring patient signatures, collect valid demographic and insurance information, etc. and file accordingly.
- Promote patient safety by safeguarding and keeping the integrity of patient medical records utilizing a computerized patient registration system, and preparing patient identification bands per Natividad's policy.
- Contact insurance payors to verify patient eligibility, if required request pre-certification and authorization for services and/or admission, evaluate and collect missing signatures and/or additional insurance data, lien, and release information prior to patient discharge.
- Report and document patient concerns and non-compliance behavior immediately to supervisor/manager.
- Collect deposits, issue receipts, balance and deposit cash daily to the designated area; and maintain change fund log daily by verifying cash and signing cash log between all shifts.
- Obtain and know how to read and process admission orders and account requests from labor and delivery, HAN, physicians, and nursing staff.
- Utilize appropriate email distributions to communicate possible identity theft, duplicate medical records, etc.
Examples of Experience/Education/Training THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
Will have proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills, and abilities: Working knowledge of
Patient admission and registration procedures and requirements required for patient screening, pre-admission and admission; requirements and procedure of the variety of payor sources encountered in order to determine patient eligibility; operations and requirements of an admission and registration computer system typical to hospitals or clinics; publicly funded payor sources and program enrollment; medical terminology usage and spelling in order to complete pertinent registration and admission documents; general office procedures, filing and keyboard operation and medical terminology, medical billing, coding, medical software, CPT codes, and ICD-9 codes; Alphabetical filing in order to file and retrieve patient records; basic arithmetic in order to compute fees and make correct change; define insurance terminology; problem solving skills; basic spelling; 10 key by touch; customer service; listen and communicate effectively to assist, screen, or determine reasons for visit. Skill and ability to:
Interview individuals and obtain comprehensive and accurate information under unpleasant or urgent circumstances; operate a computerized admitting/registration system rapidly and accurately; prepare and process forms and paperwork; prepare and maintain patient files and records; perform basic arithmetic calculations related to deposits and totaling cash log, problem solve and basic spelling; establish, maintain and promote effective working relationships with staff and other County departments; communicate verbally with patients and coworkers in a clear and effective manner in a noisy waiting room environment; and effectively communicate in writing in order to document patient registration and admission information.
Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
**REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS** APPLICATION SUBMISSION:
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, must be submitted for review to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted a t www.natividad.com
Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately t o: GarciaDL@natividad.com ,
resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7:30a.m.- 5 p.m. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL:
Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process . QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT:
To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam. ELIGIBLE LIST:
Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
(Natividad offers up to a $1,500 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position).
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.