Position Description POSITIONS WILL BE SCREENED ON A REGULAR BASIS UNTIL ALL POSITIONS ARE FILLED:
Pleaseallow up to two weeks for screening of application materials. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis until the position is filled. The eligible list established by this recruitment may be used to fill future and current permanent and temporary needs as they arise (Natividad offers up to a $1,500 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position). Exam#21/50U20/01CR
. POSITION DESCRIPTION Natividad is currently seeking to fill permanent and temporary Nursing Assistants positions
to perform a variety of non-professional tasks in providing direct bedside care to patients, such as assisting patients with activities of daily living and assisting professional nursing personnel in providing patient care.
Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Prepares patients for and assists patients with meals; passes nourishment and water.
- Monitors and records vital signs, temperature and blood pressure.
- Assists patients to bathrooms; provides bed pans; collects specimens.
- Transports and escorts patients to other areas.
- Changes beds, replenishes supplies; performs emergency housekeeping
- Gives patient care: bathe, shampoo, personal hygiene and oral care; keeps patients clean, dry and comfortable.
- Observes patients, records observations; alerts nurse to significant changes; performs charting duties.
- Ambulates patients, gives backrubs, repositions patients, assists patients in and out of chairs and wheelchairs.
- Performs simple treatments, sitz baths; enemas; applies and changes unsterile pads; dressings; compresses and packs.
- Assists nurses in caring for critical patients; checks safety equipment and restraints.
- Cleans and disinfects equipment; disposes of soiled linens and waste.
Examples of Experience/Education/Training THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING: Thorough knowledge of:
Basic patient care principles, methods, procedures and terminology; hospital routine and equipment; standard asepsis and hygiene procedures; standard charting procedures; standard instruments and equipment used in routine patient examinations and treatment; how to take and record vital signs. Skill and Ability to:
Perform patient care in an understanding and sympathetic manner; learn standard nursing procedures used in patient care; elicit information related to patient symptoms; accurately record information; note irregularities in patient condition; follow oral and written instructions; work cooperatively with other staff; establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted during the course of work. DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
Possession of a valid certificate as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) with the State of California is highly desirable.
Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
** REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS ** APPLICATION SUBMISSION:
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays; and work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com , resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7:30a.m.- 5 p.m. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL :
Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT:
To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam. ELIGIBLE LIST:
Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.