Application materials will be reviewed in an ongoing basis until positions are filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment maybe used to fill current and future permanent or Per Diem vacancies as they arise. Natividad offers up to a $5,000.00 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position. Exam# 21/50D21/03CR. POSITION DESCRIPTION Natividad is currently seeking to fill permanent part time and per-diem Clinical Laboratory Scientist positions
. Under general supervision, this incumbent obtains clinical specimens and performs a variety of technical laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures in the areas of chemistry, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, microbiology, bacteriology, blood bank, serology and related assignments; and to perform related work as required.
Examples of Duties THE SIGNIFICANT DUTIES OF THE POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Performs routine and specialized technical testing in all areas of the laboratory; analyzes and interprets test results
- Maintains detailed records of tests performed including reports, logs, QC checklists and other as-needed information
- Performs required testing of specimens following standardized procedures and policies; performs and evaluates quality control testing
- Receives, logs, prioritizes, processes and evaluates specimens for acceptability and integrity; prepares paperwork and specimens for referral to outside laboratories
- Performs quality control tests and calibrations on reagents and instruments used in testing procedures; operates and performs preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on a wide variety of laboratory equipment
- Prepares and maintains proper reagents, controls and standards used in the individual test procedures
- Follows prescribed laboratory policies and procedures; observes laboratory and hospital safety and infection control policies and procedures; observes safe work methods and safety precautions relevant to the work
- Remains abreast of new development related to clinical laboratory technology through continuing education
- Answers questions from hospital personnel regarding testing procedures and results; transmits and interprets tests results
- Performs venous and skin punctures for blood collection as required
- Takes inventory of materials and supplies used in the work; may prepare orders for supplies and materials
- May orient, train and instruct others in job duties
Examples of Experience/Education/Training MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Required License:
Possession of a valid license as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist issued by the State of California Department of Health Services or the ability to obtain prior to start. (Please ensure that the name on your license/certification either matches the name on your application or is indicated somewhere on your application, as all licenses/certifications will be verified via primary source) Working knowledge of:
Some knowledge of:
- Procedure materials, supplies and equipment used routine and specialized laboratory testing
- The calibration, operation and maintenance of laboratory testing equipment
- Quality control techniques and procedures
Skill and Ability to:
- Basic computer applications related to laboratory work
- Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement methods and principles.
EXAMPLES OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/TRAINING
- Perform and analyze a wide variety of routine specialized testing rapidly and accurately
- Recognize and resolve problems with testing procedures or results
- Maintain quality control in work performance
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot a wide variety of laboratory equipment
- Prepare and maintain accurate records of work performed
- Prioritize and organize work flow in an effective manner
- Observe safety precautions related to the work
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. An example of a way these requirements might be acquired is: Education:
Completion of the course work leading to a Bachelor's degree with a major in clinical laboratory science or a related field, including one year internship in an accredited clinical laboratory
Completion of such other education and experience pattern that is accepted by the State of California, Department of Health Services for licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist.
Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
**REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS**
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven and clean driving record.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes: 1. APPLICATION SUBMISSION:
A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com ;
resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciadL@natividad.com . Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m.2. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL
: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process. 3. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT
: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam. 4. ELIGIBLE LIST
: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position you will not be eligible for the benefits. The Clinical Laboratory Scientist Per-Diem salary rate is: $51.173 - $69.892 per hour. Natividad offers up to a $5,000.00 sign-on bonus to candidates hired into a permanent position).