Salary: $76,024.00 - $104,665.60 Annually USD
Per the August 5, 2021 CA State Public Health Officer Order, all workers who provide services or work in facilities described in subdivision (a) of the order, including hospital facilities, must have their first dose of a one-dose regimen or their second dose of a two-dose regimen vaccination before the start of their employment.
View the full order here: https://bit.ly/3k0RNMt
Great Place To Work!
This exciting opportunity are for those with heavy billing experience.
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center (ARMC) is looking for a Patient Accounts Manager with extensive hospital experience in the department of Patient Accounts. The Patients Accounts Manager will be responsible for the hospital's billing activities which includes governmental program billing, commercial/managed care billing, special billing, payment application, and customer service. The Patient Accounts Manager will plan, organize, and develop policies and procedures to ensure effectiveness for patients' account. This position will build strong relationships with cross functional partners (Case Management, Health Information Management, Patient Reception, Scheduling/Referral, and Performance Improvement) and attract, recruit and retain high caliber team members to create a collaborative work environment. This position will report to the Revenue Cycle Director and the Chief Financial Officer.
Other key responsibilities will include:
• Monitors and evaluates reimbursement/payment rules and ensures that legislative and regulatory changes impacting PFS billing practices and operations are anticipated and communicated to senior management, clinical department chairs, staff, and departmental billing personnel. Develops plans and initiate response to legislative changes.
• Oversees resolution of third party denials and assists with reimbursement appeals and problems.
• Directs operation of revenue collection; develops policies and procedures that ensure appropriate effectiveness of collection of accounts receivable.
• Monitors and maintains all outsource vendor and collection agency relationships to ensure they are in compliance with system policy, and state and federal regulations including quality and maximum return on investment. Provide targets and goals to measure effectiveness and report on the attainment of the goals.
• Directs operation of third party billing and responsible for development of policies and procedures that ensure the appropriate maintenance of PFS commercial, governmental, managed care, and special billing and accounts receivable systems.
• Develops departmental strategies to meet cash projection formulas, reduce days in accounts receivable, and reduce denials.• Directs operations of cash posting and oversees the coordination and activities of cash posting with those of other departments within PFS and the Hospital. Oversees the activities related to the maintenance of the EPIC Account Receivables System and responsible for reconciliation of EPIC system to General Ledger (GL).
• Ensures accounts receivables system report and Critical Reduction Schedule (CRS) tools are used as daily management tools for successful ongoing and proactive management of A/R. Challenges Managers to question trends, unusual numbers, and source documents to ensure they understand what the numbers represent, and what actions are required to resolve issues identified.• Manages the department to ensure achievement of functional and budget/financial goals. Selects, develops, motivates and evaluates the performance of assigned supervisors and/or individual contributors.
• Oversees Accounts Receivables system administration reporting and distribution. Monitors delinquent aging percentages, bad debt write-offs and ensures progress toward goals; evaluates revenue trends and the impact on the accounts receivable (A/R) days calculation.
• Oversees coordination of defense audit with insurance companies; reviews over charges and undercharges on a monthly basis and directs upstream process changes; oversees the reporting of charity and governmental patient health care subsidy funding.
• Represent Patient Financial Services' contributions, issues, and solutions to organization-wide groups and committees such as A/R Task Force, In-house High Dollar Account Review, etc. to ensure appropriate communication and problem solving across the Revenue Cycle.
• Reviews and evaluates on a regular basis, the effectiveness of third-party billing, tracing and follow-up activities; oversees development and maintenance of good working relationship with third parties and government agencies receiving claims from PFS. (i.e. IEHP, Molina, Patton, Sheriff, Department of Behavioral Health, and others.)
• Maintains knowledge for all insurance, government, HIPAA, compliance, health care reimbursement, OIG projects, and general billing practices and state regulations/laws to ensure Patient Financial Services is following the appropriate guidelines/regulation and remains in compliance with the same. Act as the Patient Financial Services liaison with State and Federal fiscal intermediaries as needed or requested.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
ARMC, which is owned and operated by the County of San Bernardino, is a state-of-the-art 456 bed university-affiliated, teaching medical center featuring the newest technology in the field of patient care. ARMC, is host to a 24-hour Emergency Department providing more than 90,000 annual visits, a Level II Trauma Center verified by the American College of Surgeons, a Regional Burn Center, Behavioral Health Services, Outpatient Specialty Clinics and five Primary Care Family Health Centers (FHC). The FHCs offer comprehensive primary care medical services to individuals and families of all age groups. The FHCs are staffed with experienced attending physicians and resident physicians from the Medical Center. ARMC is a Primary Stroke Center and has a Baby Friendly designation from Baby-Friendly USA with over 2800 births per year. The Neonatal Intensive Care is a 30 bed Community California Children's Services certified unit.
Excellent Benefits For The Employee And Their Dependents
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1) Applicant must successfully pass a background check prior to appointment.
2) Travel throughout the County may be required. A valid California Class C driver license is required at time of appointment.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Public/Business Administration, Behavioral/Social Science, or other relevant field of study.
Experience: Four (4) years of professional-level experience with primary responsibility for overseeing, analyzing, interpreting, and making recommendations to management in the areas of hospital patient access/admissions, patient billing and financial arrangements and hospital revenue cycle. Qualifying experience must include one (1) year of full-scope supervisory experience handling revenue cycle activities, advising on various laws, rules and regulations to suppor t staff as needed.
Substitution: An additional four years of experience overseeing staff in hospital patient admissions, billing and/or revenue cycle may substitute for the required education.
The preferred candidate will have 5 years of progressive governmental program billing which includes collections, cash postings, special billing, managed care billing in a patients accounts department. Candidate should have w orking knowledge of Medicare, Medi-Cal, and other payer rules and regulations who thrives under pressure. This candidate will also have working knowledge of hospital billing codes and forms; ability to research and analyze complex issues and communicate results to all levels of hospital management. Strong PC skills (MS Windows, particularly Excel and Access) and familiar with medical terminology, Epic Accounts Receivable and Epic General Ledger system tool is a plus.
There will be a competitive evaluation of qualifications based on the information provided in your Application and the Supplemental Questionnaire. The most highly qualified candidates, based on the evaluation results, will be referred for an interview. Be sure to include in your application and supplemental questions your experience in meeting the minimum requirements.
Application Procedure : Please complete and submit the online employment application and supplemental questionnaire by 5:00 PM, Friday, July 2, 2021. Priority review will begin on June 14, 2021. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application and/or supplemental questionnaires.
To ensure timely and successful submission of your online application, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application before the posted filing deadline. Applicants will be automatically logged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application we have not received your application.
If you require technical assistance, please click HERE to review the Government Jobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-Free Applicant Support line at (855) 524-5627. Please note that Human Resources is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application.
Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process .
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
San Bernardino, California