The Job APPLY ASAP - Applications Reviewed Daily
This recruitment may close without notice when sufficient qualified applications are received. SALARY AND BENEFITS Competitive salary range of $91,166.40 - $123,884.80 annually depending on qualifications Bi-annual step increases of 2.5% up to Step 14
Recruitment and Retention Bonuses: Up to $3,000 total
San Bernardino County's high-impact operating model for HR services empowers the HR team to function as change agents for County and departmental operations. The HR Business Partners (HRBP)
are assigned to the Employee Relations Division
and play a key role as consultants, advisors and innovators alongside County leaders. They are responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated county departments. They foster partnerships across HR functions to deliver value-added service to managers and employees that reflects the department's human capital priorities and business objectives.Key responsibilities include:
- Supports departments with employee relations and engagement, strategic workforce planning, policy setting, training and development, succession planning, mentoring/coaching, and coordinated consistent countywide onboarding.
- Conducts regular meetings and maintains open and effective communications with assigned County departments; provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Consults with line management providing HR guidance when appropriate and day-to-day performance management guidance (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies; identifies training needs for County Departments and individual executive coaching needs.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues; conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance; partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Maintains an effective level of business literacy about the assigned department's financial position, midrange plans, culture and services; p rovides guidance and input on business unit restructures, recruitment and retention strategies, workforce planning and succession planning.
San Bernardino County has a diverse workforce of over 22,000 employees who are represented by eleven employee organizations comprised of 26 bargaining units. To learn more about San Bernardino County's Human Resources Department click HERE
.Minimum Requirements Education:
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Science, Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology, Communications/Marketing or a closely related field.-AND- Experience:
Eighteen (18) months of public sector or 24 months of private sector, professional level human resources experience as an HR business partner and must include responsibility for
All qualifying experience must be obtained within a public sector (i.e., government) agency or a large private sector employer with a large, union represented workforce (500+ regular employees).
- Advising/supporting management on a wide range of human resource disciplines, including: Workforce planning, talent acquisition, compensation and employee rewards practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity and inclusion, performance management, and compliance with federal and state respective employment laws. --AND--
- Managing and resolving complex employee/labor relations matters such as employee grievances, investigations, disciplinary actions.
Applicants with an acceptable combination of relevant education and qualifying experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities will be considered. Desired Qualifications
Key attributes of the ideal candidate
Selection Process Application Procedure :
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Possess SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.
To receive consideration for this excellent opportunity, please complete and submit the online employment application and supplemental questionnaire. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application and/or the supplemental questionnaire. Priority Application Review:
Applications will be reviewed daily as needed to meet business needs. Apply asap as recruitment may close at anytime once a sufficient qualified applications are received.
To ensure timely and successful submission of your online application, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application before the posted filing deadline. Applicants will be automatically logged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records.
If you require technical assistance, please click HERE to review the Government Jobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-Free Applicant Support line at (855) 524-5627. Please note that Human Resources is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by computer or browser used to submit the application. Selection Process:
The selection process will consist of a competitive evaluation of qualifications based on the application and responses to the supplemental questions. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the appointing authority for further consideration. Candidates advancing in the selection process will receive further information/instructions via email only. Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process
Closing Date/Time: Continuous