IMPORTANT NOTICE: IMPORTANT NOTICE: You MUST go to my.azpost.gov to register for an account and complete their AZPOST packet online BEFORE completing the Town of Prescott Valley application. Please make note of the number that is assigned to you as you will need that number to proceed in the background process.
Applications for new officers are accepted year-round for any next testing period.
Career-minded candidates who meet the following minimum qualifications must submit a completed Police Officer application packet to be considered for testing. Any qualifying packet will be maintained for up to six months and notified later if testing is scheduled during that time. Testing dates will be continuous in the Spring and the Fall
. If you take pride in your work and believe words like dedication, commitment, honor, pride, integrity and professionalism still have meaning then we encourage you to apply with our agency.
$24.79 Starting Pay for New Police Officer Trainees
(Upon successful completion of Academy and their PVPD Field Training
Program, new officers receive an automatic pay increase to $25.91 per hour.)
Under direct supervision, performs limited law enforcement activities. The employee who fills this position is expected to be admitted to a law enforcement academy as soon as a class becomes available.Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following duties, knowledge, skills and abilities. This list of duties is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by positions in this class.
Come join our team at Prescott Valley Police Department http://www.pvaz.net/622/Recruitment
Examples of Duties
Performs public assistance activities that can be handled by a non certified police officer to include; writing reports, writing parking citations, conducting speed surveys, performing animal control duties and assisting with community events. Responds to citizen's requests for assistance either in person or by phone. Observes and monitors the public to determine compliance/non-compliance with various laws and safety standards. Performs vacation watches and delivers community presentations. Assists Police Officers and other Police department staff to include; searching of persons and dwellings; collecting and impounding evidence, directing of traffic and crowd control, working on various research projects, inventorying and transferring equipment, transporting vehicles, and assisting the Training/Background Officer with various tasks.May be required to give courtroom testimony under the supervision of a Prescott Valley Police Officer.
Must meet AZPOST minimum qualifications to be eligible to enter a law enforcement academy. Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license. The AZPOST minimum qualifications are as follows:
Must be a United States Citizen and 21 years of age by certification date.Must be a high school graduate or have passed the General Education Development Exam.Must not have been convicted of any felony or any offense that would be a felony if committed in Arizona.Must not have been dishonorably discharged from the US Armed Forces.Shall not have been previously denied certification status as a peace officer, revoked or have their certification status under suspension.The person shall not have illegally sold, produced, cultivated, or transported marijuana for sale.The person shall not have illegally used marijuana for any purpose within the past three years.The person shall never have illegally used marijuana other than for experimentation.The person shall never have illegally used marijuana while employed or appointed as a peace officer.The person shall not have illegally sold, produced, cultivated or transported for sale any dangerous drugs or narcotics, other than marijuana.The person shall not have illegally used dangerous drugs or narcotics, other than marijuana, for any purpose within the past seven years.The person shall never have illegally used dangerous drugs or narcotics other than for experimentation.The person shall never have illegally used dangerous drugs or narcotics while employed or appointed as a peace officer.The person shall not have a pattern of abuse of prescription medication.The person shall have undergone and passed a Board-approved drug screening test, or polygraph examination, which polygraph related to the provisions of subsection.The person shall not have been convicted or adjudged to have violated traffic regulations governing the movement of vehicles with such frequency so as to indicate a disrespect for traffic laws and a disregard for the safety of other persons within the past three years. The above list of minimum qualifications is not all-inclusive.
Police Officer Benefits
Major benefits for full-time sworn personnel:
- Medical: Blue Cross Blue Shield of AZ; Employeecoverage paid at 100% by Town. Family coverage optional at $382.28 month.
- Dental: Ameritas;Employee coverage paid at 100% by Town. Family coverage optional at $33.00 month.
- Life Insurance:Town provided supplemental life insurance at one times the employee'sbase payup to$100,000.
- Voluntary Individual and Family Term Life Insurance: Additional term life insurance coverage available for employee, spouse and children.
- General Leave: 120 hours the first year, increasing annually up to 200 hours for hourly employees.Thatis increased by 40hours for salaried employees.
- Holidays: Eleven (11) paid holidays; Eight (8) hours per day for FT employees.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Pre-tax pay deductions to use for eligible medical or dependent daycare costs.
- Disability Insurance: Town provided personal illness or injury short and long term disability benefits with 50% and 60% lost wages replacement respectively.
- Workers' Compensation: Provides 100% lost wages and related medical benefits as for on the job work related illness or injuries.
- Retirement Plans: Town contributes 2% of employee's earnings in a Retirement Health Savings (RHS) Plan and 13% of employee's earning into a 401a defined contribution plan. Employees contribute 1% and 8% respectively. Optional 457 plan also available. The Town does not participate in AZASRS.
- MediCare:While the Town provides the required contributions towards MediCare we do not participate in Social Security.
- State Unemployment: State mandated coverage is provided.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Free counseling and referral services for employees and their immediate families is provided for financial planning, legal services, depression, substance abuse, family/marital and other relationship issues.
- Fit for Life Wellness Program: The Town is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all employees. Participation is strictly voluntary and offers $200 participation incentive.
- Direct Deposit: Paychecks are deposited directly into the employee's bank account(s) on a bi-weekly schedule.