Description:Salary and Benefits
The starting salary placement depends on qualifications and experience and is anticipated to be in the range of $3,100.00/month to $3,600.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit https://www.csueastbay.edu/hr/benefits/index.html About Cal State East Bay
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability. About the Position
This position supports two very large departments, Hospitality Recreation and Tourism and Kinesiology.
Between the two departments there are approximately 1000 students, 75 faculty and instructors, 5 support staff and several student assistants. The incumbent will provide administrative support services for the HRT/KIN Coop across a wide range of administrative and student support operations. This includes, but is not limited to, tasks related to scheduling, hiring of student workers, book orders, faculty support, managing the front desk, handling phone calls and email enquiries, dealing with the general public, assisting coordinating the work of student workers, and assisting with tracking student A2E2 funding for conference travel. The position also supports special events related to recruitment and student awards. The incumbent must be able to deal with a busy office, work well under pressure, have the interpersonal skills to work with colleagues and deal with the general public and be sensitive to the needs of diverse populations. Good written and verbal communication skills along with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and related software essential. Responsibilities
Administrative Office Support for HRT/KIN Coop:
- General clerical and office support
- Answering phones and email enquiries
- Filing and document tracking
- Assist with scheduling
- Handle front office and student workers
- Interacting with general public
- Liaise with faculty and instructors on book orders, office hours, and course related questions
- Handling mail
- Student forms and documentation
- Assisting with setting up student advising appointments
- Posting jobs opportunities and general messaging to students
- Assisting with tracking internship placements
- Course pre-requisite checking
- Assisting with student registration, withdrawals and add/drops
Special Events & Recruitment:
- Promotion/advertising event support
- Enrollment tracking
- Demonstrate an attention to detail and motivated to provide a consistent quality experience for students. Have the ability to listen, take direction and execute responsibilities.
- Be literate in English and basic math concepts.
- Be able to work collaboratively to complete projects.
- Be available to work flexible schedule as needed; reliable and able to meet deadlines.
- Have the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and professionally in personal interactions, phone, email and written communications.
- Have ability to gather and assimilate data.
- Be skilled in addressing a variety of unexpected or unforeseen challenges with a professional, positive attitude.
- Knowledge of university systems software.
- Able to set priorities, working in busy office, phone etiquette/email; able to work independently.
- Web knowledge.
- Excellent customer service skills and abilities and attention to detail.
Requires fundamental written and oral communication skills, including a sound foundation in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation; an ability to understand standard office procedures; an ability to operate standard office equipment; an ability to learn office technology systems; an ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; and typing and keyboard skills.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through completion of a high school program or its equivalent and some experience in an office environment. Preferred Skills and Knowledge
Condition(s) of Employment
- College office experience.
- Understanding/knowledge interest in Recreation and Kinesiology.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including LiveScan, as appropriate), that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate. LiveScan is conducted through the University Police Department. EEO Statement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body. Other Information
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html Sponsorship
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions. Mandated Reporter
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat. com/policy/9779821/latest/
and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled