California State University San Marcos expects to hire a tenure-track assistant professor of psychology for Fall 2022. Scholars with any substantive focus within the field of Behavioral Neuroscience are encouraged to apply. Minimum Qualifications
- Ph.D. in Psychology, Neuroscience or a related field prior to date of appointment (ABD applicants accepted; PhD required by August 2022)
- Active research program in Behavioral Neuroscience that serves as a training opportunity for students
- Use of animal models in research that takes advantage of the departmental vivarium and laboratory research space designed for rodent models
- Demonstrated evidence of teaching excellence at the university level (e.g., student evaluations/summaries, peer observation summaries)
- Ability/interest in teaching courses in Neuroscience/Biopsychology
- Able to supervise Master's theses
- One or more of the following:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and/or teach curricula that advance racial and social justice, drawing from their engagement with communities of color;
- A demonstrated record of success in research focused on underserved communities; and/or
- Demonstrated commitment to underserved communities and the academic success of all our students.
- Evidence of teaching productivity
- Evidence of interest in seeking external funding for research
Click Apply Now to complete the CSUSM Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Cover letter specifically addressing minimum and preferred qualifications.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Three professional references
- Statement of research interests
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- statement of experience and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- reprints/preprints of up to three representative publications
- Evidence of teaching success at the university level (e.g., student evaluations/summaries, peer observation summaries)
Review of applications will begin October 15, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
CSUSM has been designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and was recently named one of the top 32 Colleges most friendly to junior faculty by the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education. Visit Faculty Opportunities
for more information.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation and veteran or military status.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised December 22, 2020
as a condition of employment.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy, can be found at CSU Covid Policy
. Questions should be sent to the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is subject to employment verification, education verification, reference checks and criminal record checks. An offer of appointment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, including a criminal records check, and may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act or Clery Act Notification can be found at Clery Act Notification
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled