The City of West Sacramento is advertising on behalf of Yolo County Public Agency Risk Management Authority (YCPARMIA), a public-entity risk pool located in Woodland, CA, for the position of Finance Officer.
This recruitment will close on October 12, 2021, at 11:59pm. Interested candidates should apply immediately by sending a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com.
The annual salary range for the position is currently $84,396 - $102,584. Placement within the range will be negotiable and based on selected candidate’s qualifications and career experience, including a benefits package which includes CalPERS membership.
Under general direction of the Executive Director, the Finance Officer is responsible for full-cycle financial accounting and financial reporting functions of YCPARMIA.
As a risk-sharing pool, YCPARMIA provides risk management, insurance, and safety services to County of Yolo, cities of Davis, West Sacramento, Winters, Woodland and Esparto Unified School District as well as several special districts including cemeteries, fire districts, water agencies, etc., within Yolo County. YCPARMIA is organized as a Joint Powers Authority.
Throughout its 41 years of service, the Authority has evolved into a “mature primary pool” providing liability, workers’ compensation and property insurance services to its members.
YCPARMIA is Accredited with Excellence by the California Association of Joint Powers Agencies (CAJPA).
YCPARMIA has received GFOA’s Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for 13 consecutive years for its Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
YCPARMIA also received GFOA’s Award for Outstanding Achievement in Popular Annual Financial Reporting for three consecutive years for its Popular Annual Financial Report (PAFR).
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance Officer will perform activities including (but not limited to) budgeting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, member billing, personnel record keeping, payroll, member underwriting and rating, actuarial communication, insurance rate setting, recordkeeping, reconciliations, closing, financial statements, reports, support of audit.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of increasing responsibility in governmental accounting. Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate valid driver’s license.
License: A California CPA license in good standing is desired, but not required.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job requirements, this is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. YCPARMIA reserves the right to revise or modify the classification duties.
YCPARMIA makes reasonable accommodations for qualified employees.
• This job is primarily located in a professional office environment. Some remote work may be allowed.
• Occasionally, the employee must work in uncontrolled environments which may include exposure to heat, cold, dust, sun, wind, etc. Environments may include, but are not limited to, warehouses, workshops, storage areas, outdoor areas, construction zones, and parking areas. Conditions in these areas are beyond the direct control of the employer.
• The employee may occasionally be required to provide their own transportation to and from project sites.
• The employee must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods (90% of the time) at a desk or workstation.
• The employee must occasionally move about to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• The employee must occasionally lift 25 pounds to a height of 48 inches and load items onto shelves.
• In performing their duties, the employee must occasionally move into positions that require bending, crouching, reaching, or ascending / descending ladders or stairs.