Working Title: GPO Support Specialist - MBA
Classification Title: Administrative Support Coordinator II Posting Details
Priority Application Deadline (Posting will remain open until filled): Monday, September 20, 2021, 11:55 p.m.Hiring Preference
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2,5,7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment. Position Summary:
The College of Business (COB) Graduate Program Office (GPO) serves prospective and current students, applicants, and alumni in both state and CCE supported graduate programs through recruitment and welcome events and programs, academic advising, academic support, recognition of student achievement, professional development events, networking opportunities, co-curricular engagement, and daily communications. The COB GPO Office unit is also responsible for student recruitment, admissions, increasing enrollment of underserved and underrepresented groups, business career services, student retention, and alumni relations. The GPO Support Specialist works in the College of Business under the Director of Graduate Programs (DGP).
Under the general direction of the Director of Graduate Programs (DGP) in the COB, the Graduate Program Office (GPO) Support Specialist provides academic and administrative support to the GPO for the Masters of Business Administration (MBA) program and the Business Career Services Office. The GPO Support Specialist will be the primary point of contact who receives students, faculty, staff, off-campus guests and visitors, and also prepares a variety of documents
. The incumbent will work with other COB departments, including the Academic Programs and Faculty Research and Support, in regards to the operations of the state funded MBA program. Works with numerous other university departments such as the Office of Graduate Studies (OGS), College of Continuing Education (CCE), University Print & Mail, and Purchasing to ensure that a wide scope of projects and transactions are completed effectively and timely and professionally.FLSA
: Non-Exempt - This position is covered by health benefits, and is non-exempt, (eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.CSU Classification Salary Range
: $3,352 - $5,639 per month Hiring Range
: $3,352 - $5,639 per monthRecruitment Type
: Regular (probationary)Time Base
: Full-TimePay Plan
: 12 months Work Hours
: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm; some early mornings, nights, and weekends as needed to meet business need. Some travel required. Conflict of Interest: The duties of this position may include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate may be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, and on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter."Department Information:
The California State University, Sacramento - College of Business (COB) develops engaged, responsible, and inclusive leaders that enrich communities around the world. The Faculty in the COB are committed to providing the highest quality of education and serving as resources to its students. Founded in 1947, the COB offers four graduate degrees and one undergraduate degree. The COB has been accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the world leader in business school accreditation and a hallmark of excellence achieved by only 5% of colleges worldwide, since 1963. The COB is located in California's vibrant capital city, Sacramento.
For more information on the college of business Administration, please visit: http://www.csus.edu/cob/Minimum Qualifications:
Entry to this classification requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Some positions may require a knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience. Required Qualifications:
- Coordination of entire clerical and administrative support functions and/or performance of administrative work in a large/complex academic, administrative or program office, and/or in a higher-level administrative office.
- Experience in administrative work involving the evaluation and recommendations related to operational and procedural matters.
- Experience with large scale, complex projects with broad, visible impact that involve coordination with other departments in terms of planning and implementation.
- Experience with coordination of events.
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with competing deadlines.
- Thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to make independent decisions on day-to-day operations
- Expertise in using office software packages, technology, and systems such as Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist.
- Ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to work area.
- Ability to understand problems from a broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas.
- Ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to review student academic records and relate them to course requirements.
- Ability to provide lead work direction to student staff
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to perform business math, analyze budgetary data, and make accurate projections requiring some inference.
- Ability to effectively write and present own reports.
- Ability to effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations.
- Ability to use negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve results and expedite projects.
- Ability to pass background check.
23. Experience with University academic and financial computing environments., e.g., CRM systems, CFS-Financials, CMS-Human Resources/Student Administration and Data Warehouse (SacVault); knowledge of the university infrastructure, policies, and procedures
24. Experience reviewing student applications and providing guidance to prospective students, current students and alumni
25. Experience coordinating and conducting student outreach and recruitment events.
26. Experienced with Data analysis using MS Access and Excel. Knowledge of web based programs and software.
27. Ability to provide project support for the CCE supported programs for The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) reporting data and documentsRequired Licenses/Certifications:
Documents Needed to Apply:
Resume, cover letter About Sac State Sacramento State
is located in the heart of California's capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the "Farm-to-Fork Capital," is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State's 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission: " As California's capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement. " As the regional hub of higher education, Sac State is dedicated to student success, diversity, equity and inclusion, community engagement, philanthropy
, and campus safety
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code
, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/human-resources/work-at-sac-state.htmlBackground Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/internal/your-hr/benefits/disability-parental-leave.html#reasonable-accommodations-interactive-process
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit https://www.csus.edu/compliance/hr-compliance/mandatory-dhr-training.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union. Eligibility Verification
Selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency (i.e. H-1-B Visa). Note to applicants:
Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview, unless required by collective bargaining agreement.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled