Salary: $6,179 USD
Salary Top: $11,188
Apply By: Sep 24, 2021
ABOUT THE POSITION
Develops, maintains, and manages clinical programs; ensures provision of quality services by program staff; supervises, develops, trains, and coaches staff in line with department values and clinical philosophy of the Colusa County Department of Behavioral Health.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Develops and implements clinical program philosophy, objectives, standards, County and Department policies and procedures.
- Leads delivery of clinical services through development of team plan and implements individual service plans for clients in the program.
- Ensures program and staff compliance with regulatory standards and community standards of care.
- Updates policy and procedure in compliance with changing State and Federal standards.
- Authorizes psychiatric hospitalizations and treatment placements on behalf of the Department.
- Coordinates services for clients with other providers and agencies, both internal and external.
- Coordinates discharge planning practices.
- Oversees LPS conservatorships and placement for the Department.
- Oversees recruitment, training, and qualifying of staff, contractors, and other human services resources in compliance with Colusa County personnel policies.
- Selects, trains, motivates, and evaluates personnel; provides or coordinates staff training; works with employees to correct deficiencies; implements discipline and termination procedures.
- Participates in department quality review activities.
- Builds strong collaborative relationships with customers; represents department in community forums and presentations.
- Serves as administrative liaison to governing bodies.
- Reviews program employee performance; develops improvement plan when needed.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Masters degree in social work, marriage and family therapy, psychology, or a related field
- A valid State of California driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
- Licensure as MFT, MSW, LCSW as required by the Board of Behavioral Sciences or licensure as a Psychologist as required by the California Board of Psychology
- Three (3) years direct clinical experience. Two (2) years direct experience with program of specialty.
- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience in the clinical management of Behavioral Health and/or prevention programs.
THIS POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED, FIRST REVIEW IS: SEPTEMBER 24, 2021. It is to your advantage to submit an application as soon as possible, as the recruitment may close at any time following the review date. Resumes are required and may not be substituted for any part of the official application. Application forms must be filled out completely and show clearly that all minimum requirements are met. Faxed applications will not be accepted. Meeting the announced requirements does not guarantee selection in the examination process.
Note: The information contained in this flyer is general in nature and does not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Colusa County does not reimburse applicants for any travel or related expenses incurred in connection with applying for employment. Colusa County participates in E-Verify. To view the Notice of E-Verify Participation and the Right to Work posters, please visit the Employment Opportunities section of the Colusa County website.
Retirees: Colusa County invites all qualified candidates to apply for positions; however, pursuant to Government Code Section 21221 (h) and 21224, hiring restrictions may apply to California Public Sector Pension Plan Retirees.
COLUSA COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
CalPERS retirement plan, either 3 @ 60 for Classic, or 2 @ 62; deferred compensation plans available with monthly matching employer contributions; paid holiday, vacation and sick leave; Health Reimbursement Arrangement account; paid health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance and vision insurance for employee. If employee elects not to enroll in County insurance and can provide proof of other group health insurance coverage, they may be eligible for a $300 monthly cash in-lieu benefit. This position is part of the Colusa County Management Coalition (CCMC), Management Unit.
547 Market Street, Suite 104, Colusa, California