Description: Working Title
Audiovisual Installer SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing email@example.com.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. Department
Academic Technology Appointment Type
Temporary: Position will end on or before April 30, 2022. Permanent status cannot be earned in this position. Time Base
Full-Time (1.0) Work Schedule
Monday through Friday; 6:00am to 3:00pm Anticipated Hiring Range
$5,000.00 per month ($60,000.00 Annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position Summary
This Equipment Tech II, Specialized Equipment, position installs, troubleshoots, repairs, maintains, and optimizes audiovisual and instructional technologies in campus spaces, primarily in support of classroom instruction. The range of specialized equipment includes data projectors and digital displays, video and webconferencing systems, sound and audio, and AV control panels, among others. In addition, this position follows established protocols to proactively respond to requests submitted by campus members experiencing technical issues in campus spaces and document their resolution. As assigned, this position transports and assembles equipment, materials, tools, and other supplies in support of events and other campus operations. Position Information
- Following original or suggested plans, design, fabricate and/or modify audiovisual and instructional equipment for installation.
- Use methods, materials, tools and equipment to install audiovisual and instructional equipment and systems in campus spaces.
- Once installed, thoroughly test equipment and connections for quality assurance and leave the campus space in an orderly condition.
Repair and maintenance
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to repair, maintain, and optimize audiovisual and instructional equipment and systems.
- Follow established protocols to proactively respond to requests submitted by campus members experiencing technical issues in campus spaces and document their resolution.
- Provide technical support for campus events such as ceremonies and lectures.
- Transport and assemble equipment, materials, tools, and other supplies in support of events and other campus operations.
At all times:
- Demonstrate behaviors that are in line with the User Friendly Principles (P530C) and Principles of Conduct for a Multi-Cultural University (P30D)
- Demonstrate safe work practices for oneself, others and the office environment
Other duties as assigned Minimum Qualifications
Knowledges and Ability
Thorough knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment used in construction, installation, maintenance, repair and operation of equipment in the area of specialization; knowledge of the repair and maintenance of tools and shop equipment, working knowledge of design and drafting procedures. Ability to perform complex troubleshooting; ability to design, fabricate, modify, and repair technical equipment of the specialty assignment following original or suggested plans; ability to analyze equipment problems and determine what repairs are needed; ability to install, place, and maintain a wide variety of equipment related to the area of job assignment ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position, ability to make arithmetic computations where required.
Equivalent to two years of journey-level or skilled experience in the maintenance, repair, and operation of scientific or technical equipment in the specialty area to which assigned such as mechanical, electromechanical, electronics or in the specialized category including construction and fabrication and some precision work or requiring trade or craft skills working with a variety of unique materials. Equivalent to two years of semi-skilled experience maintaining and repairing scientific or technical equipment or related experience in the type of equipment to which assigned as part of instructional support activities may be substituted for one year of the required experience. Equivalent to two years of trade school or technical arts training with specialization in the type of equipment repair to which assigned, completion of an apprenticeship program, or completion of a full military specialization in the required type of equipment maintenance and repair for one year of the required experience. Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to work without significant supervision
- Ability to take initiative in conducting job responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Effective conflict resolution strategies
Core Competencies - embody the following competencies:
• Bias toward collaboration and teamwork
• Effective communication skills
• Diversity and inclusion
• Customer/Client Focus with an emphasis on problem solving and resolution
• Personal effectiveness and credibility as demonstrated by interpersonal and professional confidence Required/License/Certification
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. Environmental/Physical/Special
• Open office / shop environment and on-campus facilities
• Work schedule is Monday through Friday, 6:00AM to 3:00PM
• Work schedule may change at times to ensure delivery of campus services, including evening and weekend shifts, and the work week will be adjusted accordingly
• May require some off-campus travel, in particular to satellite campuses
• Position requires physical labor, with moderate lifting (15-44 pounds) and reaching above the shoulders.
• Must work in some areas which are not ADA compliant and which have faulty or inoperative environmental control systems.
• Must possess a valid California Driver's License.
• Must complete University's Defensive Driver training, as position may require the use of state vehicle to transport equipment during work hours.
• Academic Technology is a service unit that supports the entire campus community. In the interest of projecting a positive image to the constituents we serve, all employees must be professionally, neatly and appropriately attired for the work to be done. A uniform shirt will be provided Pre-Employment Requirements
This position requires the successful completion of a background check. Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire. Benefits
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee. CSUEU Position
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference. Additional Information
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Closing Date/Time: September 7, 2022