California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
Administrative Computing & User Experience (ACUx) is a department of the Information Technology Services (ITS) division. ACUx develops, provides support for, and manages various campus enterprise software applications on a variety of hardware platforms. Support is provided for all CSUSB Administrative Systems.
The University recently migrated to Oracle/PeopleSoft's Student Administration Suite of software. This migration joins the University's Finance, Human Resources, and Student Information System Applications as part of the CMS (Common Management System) sponsored by the CSU. Inside ACUx
ACUx strives to be the richest source of support for information technology resource management. To do this, we encourage our teams to work in a collaborative environment and we give them the resources and support they need to bring the best practices to life. At ACUx, we realize that a supportive work environment is crucial to success. We also understand that success is not just about hitting the bottom line but about collaborating and maintaining clear communication between partners and technical support. Collaboration and Teamwork
Our mission-driven work environment encourages cross-unit collaboration and engagement, which allows cross-unit functional and technical people to pool their talents to generate best practices and unique solutions to campus business needs. This open environment also acquaints our technical teams with their business partners across the campus. Embracing the Future
In a rapidly evolving and volatile technology landscape, ACUx is constantly spearheading change and adapting to meet the needs of our business partners. Our integrated self-service presence enables us to foster a campus community around our services. Our teams are deeply engaged with technology trends and experiment with creative ways of applying them to campus business. Culture of Support
ACUx coordinates with campus Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to help administrative users adjust to changes through creative training course designs engaging enterprise software applications through Instructor-Led and One-on-One hands-on training. We also offer information-rich tutorials to massive campus users in support of self-services.
ACUx strategic plan cultivates functional and technical team members that thrive and succeed in a culture of change, involvement, and continued learning. ACUx fosters the integration and adoption of enterprise software applications of today -- and tomorrow -- by engaging developers and administrative users together in various trainings that align professional growth with the IT strategic plan. ACUx teams excel as individuals while driving the campus toward an information-rich technology vision of the future. Job Summary
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Information Technology Services & Chief Information Officer, the Chief Administrative Systems Officer leads the department of Administrative Computing and User Experience, who is the team responsible for the development and maintenance of existing and future administrative application projects and services on campus. The Chief Administrative Systems Officer leads the development and support of all administrative systems at CSUSB including (but not limited to): PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, PeopleSoft Finance, PeopleSoft Human Resources, uAchieve (PAWS & myCAP), CourseLeaf (CAT, CIM, and CLSS), BlackBoard Connect, Advance, Data Warehouse, Qualtrics, EMS and the data transfer between ERP systems.
The incumbent of this MPP (management personnel program) administration position will align tasks, projects, and accomplishments with the strategic goals of the university-based upon the vision and mission of the university. Responsibilities include: Effectively and efficiently leading and managing a diverse team, managing the budget expenditures and revenues in each area of accountability, and overseeing the tasks performed by Administrative Computing and User Experience. The incumbent will provide leadership and management for the design, implementation, and support of various university enterprise administrative system applications, which includes the Oracle/PeopleSoft modules for student administration, financials, and human resources; development; identity management systems; mobile applications; auxiliary administrative systems; and a variety of integrations with campus departmental information systems. The Chief Administrator Systems Officer is involved in research for innovative software/systems to improve services at CSUSB.
The Chief Administrator Systems Officer must work in a collaborative, collegial, and courteous manner with the other departments and campus partners including working with the Institutional Research Team and Digital Transformation to develop business intelligence and predictive analytics for data-driven decision making. The Chief Administrator Systems Officer co-chairs the Administrative Systems Governance Committee to bring in campus constituents to discuss the vision of the Administrative Systems on campus. The following responsibilities include:
Department Leadership and Management
- Work with the Vice President/Chief Information Officer and other Division of Information Technology Services leaders to develop and execute ITS's strategic plan as well as ACUx's annual operational plan in alignment with ITS's and CSUSB's strategic plans
- Work with CSUSB leadership to re-assess and continue implementation of the plan for the campus's strategies to cope with the 2020-2021 COVID-19 pandemic
- Foster good morale, team spirit, and dedication to the goals of the ITS strategic plan among ACUx staff
- Manage ACUx's budget, hiring, contracts, and partnerships
- Design, maintain and execute a fair and effective staff performance evaluation process
- Assist other ITS leaders in the development, implementation, and enforcement of policies and procedures regarding academic software and hardware, reporting, database access, copyright and license compliance, backups, system security, project plans, and status reports
Full-time, At-Will, 'Exempt' position, included in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP). First Review Deadline:
This position will remain open until filled. Applicants will be reviewed beginning September 9, 2021. Required Application Materials
Candidates are required to attach a letter of application, curricula vitae/resume, a list of at least three (3) professional references, and a diversity statement. The diversity statement may include your interpretation of diversity, inclusion, gender equity and must include specific examples of how your educational/professional experiences, background/philosophy has prepared you for the role you are applying for at California State University, San Bernardino. (Maximum 250 words) Work Schedule
- Generally, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Some weekends and evenings may be required.
Education and Experience:
- Highly collegial and consultative; ability to develop and sustain collaborative relationships with diverse teams.
- Demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive excellence environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization including customers,
- sponsors, stakeholders, and executives.
- Encourage open communication with staff across teams, foster an atmosphere of trust; is open-minded and fair when handling conflicts.
- Demonstrate strong professional ethics; is flexible and adaptable as a leader/manager and promotes teamwork.
- Ability to facilitate problem resolution and identify opportunities to improve service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate data, interpret trends, and draw conclusions to prevent or resolve problems.
- Business acumen and the ability to manage human, fiscal, and information resources strategically.
- Ability to make timely, informed decisions that consider facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Ability to apply creative and innovative thinking to develop fresh ideas and solutions to workplace challenges.
- Ability to write and implement policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory/management experience in an academic setting required; in addition, experience with managing other supervisors preferred
- Demonstrated skill at both relationship-building and excellent communication with students, faculty and staff required
- At least one year's experience in leading and managing an organizational unit using strategic plans and alignment of operations with goals through assessment required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Master's Degree preferred
Anticipated Hiring Range: $6,250.00 - $11,436.00 monthly
Classification Range: $4,583.00 - $13,750.00 monthly Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to furthering knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experiences. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to effectively implement the philosophy and intent of this statement. Supplemental Information
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or the continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled