Under the lead of the Assistant Athletic Director of Ticket Operations, the Athletics Game Day Ticket Seller provides customer service and ticket sales duties in person at various SDSU Athletics Events and various venues. Customer base includes current season ticket holders, SDSU students, SDSU faculty/staff, and the general public.
For more information regarding Athletics, click here
This is an hourly, intermittent, temporary position anticipated to end on or before June 30, 2022 with the possibility of reappointment. Work hours will vary based on operational needs.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- Working knowledge of mathematical and general office methods, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to learn basic financial record-keeping methods, procedures, and practices; make mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy; maintain files and records; follow oral and written directions; communicate effectively with others; read, understand, and apply rules and regulations; and use current computer word processing and spreadsheet software programs, web browsers, integrated financial systems and/or other types of records management systems, such as student accounting, cashiering and student financial aid to complete tasks.
- Read and write English at a level appropriate to the position.
- One year of customer service experience.
- One year cash handling duties in an Athletics ticket office.
- Ticketmaster "Classic" and/or Ticketmaster "Archtics" experience.
- Automated ticketing system experience.
- Cash handling experience.
- Skills in providing excellent customer service while selling tickets.
- Word processing and computer skills.
- Effective interpersonal and verbal skills.
- Experience reporting to work on time; interacting effectively with co-workers; understanding and following posted work rules and procedures; handling cash and credit cards with discretion and trust.
Compliance with all NCAA, conference, and San Diego State University rules, policies and procedures is of paramount importance to the university. All position responsibilities should be carried out in full compliance with all such rules and regulations.
Licenses and/or Certifications Required:
Ability to obtain a California Driver's License within 10 days of hire.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting salary upon appointment is not expected to exceed $16.80 per hour. CSU Classification Salary Range: $16.80 - $24.38 per hour. Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
San Diego State University offers a rich benefits package that constitutes a major portion of total compensation. For more information regarding SDSU benefits, please click here
Application materials, including cover letters and resumes, will be reviewed on an as needed basis.
University employees that have direct job responsibilities involving intercollegiate athletics are expected to have knowledge and understanding of NCAA, conference and University rules, policies and procedures governing intercollegiate athletics. Additionally, he or she is required to notify the appropriate personnel of any knowledge of, or should have known of, any violation or suspected violation of NCAA, conference, or University regulations.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
San Diego State University is not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions (e.g., H-1B visa). Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke-free campus. For more information, please click here
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Jasleen Aguilar at email@example.com
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled