Research Operations Analyst
Administrative Analyst/Specialist I-Exempt Posting Details
Priority Application Deadline (Posting will remain open until filled): September 15, 2021 at 11:55 p.m. Hiring Preference
Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2,5,7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment. Position Summary
The incumbent, in coordination with the Associate Vice President and the Director, will perform operations/ administrative functions of the Offices of Research, Innovation, and Economic Development (ORIED)department (which includes the Office of Research and Proposal Development, Office of Innovation and Technology Transfer, Office of Economic Development, the Office of Clean Energy and Mobility Technology, and Research Integrity and Compliance), including but not limited to: departmental budgeting; purchasing/procurement; reimbursements; meeting and event planning; travel and employment functions of department staff, faculty, and students; working with various Colleges and departments on campus and across other CSU campuses, and University Enterprises, Inc. (UEI) to ensure clear communications and issue resolution. Additionally, the Research Operations Analyst will play a lead role in facilitating and providing project management and fiscal oversight of office initiatives and activities supporting faculty research, scholarship and creative activity.FLSA
: ExemptCSU Classification Salary Range
: $3,897 - $7,051 per month Hiring Range
: $3,897 - $4,685 per monthSalary Grade/Range
: 2 Recruitment Type
: Regular Time Base
: Full-Time Pay Plan
: 12 months Work Hours
: M-F 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM; other hours as required. Conflict of Interest: The duties of this position may include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate may be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, and on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter."Department Information
The Offices of Research, Innovation, and Economic Development (ORIED), a unit of Academic Affairs, works to expand the research capacity of Sacramento State's faculty, staff, and students, and to link a range of academic and infrastructure initiatives that advance our faculty and campus connection to the regional community. For more information, please visit our website at https://www.csus.edu/experience/innovation-creativity/oried/
. Minimum Qualifications
Entry to this classification requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/ or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/ or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs. Required Qualifications Experience
1. Experience with leading and/ or performing operational/ administrative functions.
2. Experience performing high-level analytical work (e.g. analyzing/presenting complex data in a way that facilitates decision-making and making strategic recommendations).
3. Demonstrated experience with financial and/ or budget systems ( e.g. budget preparation, interpreting financial data, forecasting, etc.).
4. Meeting and/ or event planning experience.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
5. Ability to work across sub-offices and projects to gather, organize, and interpret data ( e.g. financial and/ or budget data) from different sources and identify potential problems.
6. Proficiency with standard office software programs (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) as well as other technology (e.g. online file storage) and project management tools (e.g. Google Drive, Trello).
7. Excellent communication skills.
8. Strong organizational and time management skills to establish priorities and successfully meet competing deadlines.
9. Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external working relationships in a diverse environment.
10. Proven ability to routinely multitask consistently in team-based and independent environments.
11. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships within and outside of work group.
12. Ability to work with a diverse population, such as students, faculty, staff and administrators in a university environment.
13. Proven ability to provide excellent customer service; ability to understand and exercise tact, diplomacy, independent thinking, and discretionary judgment in matters of a confidential nature.
Condition of Employment
- Ability to pass a background check. Preferred Qualifications
14. Demonstrated knowledge of departmental accounting practices and principles.
15. Knowledge of grant budgeting, financial reporting and policies regarding use of grant funds.
16. Proficient with Sacramento State CMS (Common Management System/PeopleSoft) and CFS (Common Financial System/PeopleSoft) applications.
17. Experience in a university environment and familiarity with campus issues, policies, and practices.
18. Experience with project management, program management, and project evaluation.Required Licenses/Certifications
N/A Documents Needed to Apply
Resume, Cover Letter About Sac State Sacramento State
is located in the heart of California's capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the "Farm-to-Fork Capital," is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State's 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission: " As California's capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement. " As the regional hub of higher education, Sac State is dedicated to student success, diversity, equity and inclusion, community engagement, philanthropy
, and campus safety
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code
, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/human-resources/work-at-sac-state.htmlBackground Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/internal/your-hr/benefits/disability-parental-leave.html#reasonable-accommodations-interactive-process
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit https://www.csus.edu/compliance/hr-compliance/mandatory-dhr-training.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union. Eligibility Verification
Selected c andidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency ( i.e . H-1-B Visa). Note to Applicants:
Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview unless required by collective bargaining agreement.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled