CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under the general supervision of the Associate Vice President for Budget and Strategic Business Operations, the Confidential Admin Analyst and Travel Insurance Coordinator provides financial and data analysis, financial reconciliation, and bookkeeping support to the Office of the Vice President of Administration and Finance, Internal Audit, and Risk & Insurance Management. The incumbent interprets and applies executive orders, policies, and procedures related to university accounting and budgeting.
This position manages the campus foreign travel insurance program for all faculty, staff, and students which includes working with travelers to obtain required travel documentations, reviewing travel registrations for accuracy and completeness, conducting risk assessments to determine necessary levels of travel approvals for insurance processing, and other international travel insurance related duties.
• Provides campus training on international travel policies and procedures; guidance to faculty and program directors on insurance and travel requirements for academic field trips, internships; and guidance to students and staff related to special events and activities on campus.
• Provides confidential administrative support for the Vice President for Administration and Finance, in conjunction with the Executive Assistant to the VP.
• Provides general administrative support to the VP, AVP, Internal Auditor, and Risk Management Insurance personnel.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3BaxXnC
• Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university.
• Equivalent to three years of full-time, progressively responsible professional/technical experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of: principles or organization, administration and management; practices and regulations as they pertain to travel. Thorough knowledge of state and federal employment laws, rules, regulations, and collective bargaining procedures.
• Ability and specialized skills to: communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty, and others; work independently and plan day-to-day activities; make complex mathematical calculations; quickly learn, interpret, and apply multiple and complex rules, regulations, policies and procedures, and collective bargaining agreements.
• Independently apply judgment and identify, research, analyze, and resolve problems; and create complex Excel spreadsheets that incorporate mathematical formulas. Work well under pressure and in constantly changing circumstances; and interact with personnel in a highly professional manner.
• Ability to work with a population from diverse backgrounds, including faculty members, students, staff members, alumni, members of the general public, senior University officials, and persons in senior positions outside the University. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification: Confidential Administrative Support
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $4233 -$5000, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $4233 -$9514 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a two-year probationary period.
• Applications received through September 7, 2021, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California