Description: Working Title
Workforce Success Coordinator (Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Exempt I) - ORSP/MWEI SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. Department
ORSP/ MWEI Appointment Type
Temporary: Position will end on or before 06/30/2022, permanent status cannot be earned in this position. Temporary appointment can be concluded prior to the stated temporary appointment end date, normally with a two-week notice period. Continuation of this temporary appointment is contingent upon grant funding. Time Base
1.00 Work Schedule
8:00 am - 5:00 pm M-F Anticipated Hiring Range
$4,666.00 per month ($55,992.00 annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position Summary
Position will work to ensure all workforce and interested/potential program participants have the tools to further their educational goals. The Workforce Success Coordinator will be responsible for assisting community workforce members and any other potential program participants in generating written educational goals, find resources on campus and in the community that will help them in their academic and professional careers, as well as provide case management to the workforce members participating in GE pathways at community colleges. The Workforce Success Coordinator will also coordinate and support community members with applications and required forms, support them in the enrollment and course selection process, and work closely with the PATH and SF SEED staff to ensure timely support to students navigating higher education Position Information Workforce Operations
Outreach and Communication
- Coordinate and lead our ECE workforce GE pathways program
- Provide case management to early childhood (ECE) workforce members participating in the GE pathways program
- Coordinate and lead visits to ECE centers to develop educational goals for early childhood (ECE) workforce members
- Provide technical assistance for individuals, in person (on campus and on community sites) as well as over the phone, virtual meetings, and email to explain and complete applications to institutions of higher education
- Determine eligibility of workforce members and direct information to the appropriate program lead i.e. Fiscal Incentives Lead or Upper Division Lead
- Create and coordinate workshops for current, alumni, and prospective students on academic and professional success, application processes and deadlines, graduation & transfer requirements
- Create and manage academic resource content for websites and internal documents
- Stay up to date on current transfer eligibility and application deadlines for 4-year universities and community colleges, supporting with application process
- Ensure timely information is given to all interested workforce
Data entry & analyze transcripts to inform community course offerings as well as transfer and graduation trajectories.
Generate A-E analysis report using analyzed data collected in the field as well as from SF SEED participants.
Work with staff & student assistants to ensure workforce grade data and appointments are tracked in the appropriate database
Deploy surveys to workforce for the purposes of understanding workforce issues, profiling and general insight
Maintain appropriate additional data systems to ensure workforce information is complete, accurate and progress can be tracked in applying to institutions of higher education
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply standard theories, principles, practices, and techniques applicable to the program and/or administrative specialty to develop conclusions and make recommendations.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and outside regulations pertaining to the applicable program and/or administrative specialty.
- Working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis and techniques.
- Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Skill in the research, development and evaluation of policies and programs, including skill in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications. Ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or presentation form.
- Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction.
MA Degree in Counselling, Higher Education Concentration or related field
Experience working with adult learners
Experience working in the field of early childhood education Pre-Employment Requirements
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
CA Driver's license to visit various ECE sites and attend meetings or ability to get to meetings and sites
Site Supervisor or Program Director CA Child Development permit or eligibility.
Ability to work some evenings and weekends, attend program courses as needed.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment. Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire. Benefits
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee. CSUEU Position
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference. Additional Information
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Closing Date/Time: August 22, 2022