SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
College of Extended Learning
This is a one-year probationary position.
Monday through Friday; from 8:00am to 5:00pm
Anticipated Hiring Range
$3,750 to $4,584 per month ($45,000 to $55,008 annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Under the general supervision of a Program Lead, the Program Specialist will manage a variety of daily administrative tasks associated with CEL programs, courses, and workshops. The Program Specialist will be responsible for data entry into relevant software systems; scheduling classes onsite and online; resolving student issues; providing internal customer support to other college units; and communicating with instructors. The Program Specialist will be responsible for creating purchase requisitions and other forms to support program operations. The Program Specialist will be responsible for reconciling enrollments for faculty pay rates and program invoices. The Program Specialist will address student and faculty concerns and issues, bringing these to the attention of the Program Lead as needed. Additionally, the Program Specialist will assist the marketing unit to update program websites and other marketing content for programs, courses, or workshops. The Program Specialist will monitor enrollments providing the reports for budget and trend analysis, primarily. The Program Specialist may be assigned additional duties to support operations as needed within the College programs.
Lead Programs Coordination, administrative and operational support
• Assists with Staff, Student and Faculty recruitment process
• Sets up courses in the relevant software system
• Coordinates with other program staff and academic resources all details associated with college offerings and services.
• Assists programs support staff with ordering/copying and delivering of approved texts, course materials and supplies.
• Provides program support to campus and other business partners or contractors
• Assists the Program Lead with systems development and analysis involving all programs at CEL
• Assists Program Lead with preparing basic enrollment trends when requested
• Maintains accurate student course data, including tracking of program progress and completion
• Assists program support staff with processing appropriate workshop, course, or program completion certificates, as needed.
• Enters faculty data into the relevant software systems.
• Assists with faculty and students evaluation reports
• Assesses and recommends programs business operation efficiency tool to Program Lead
Communications and outreach support
• Resolves student issues
• Assists with responding to prospective and current student inquiries
• Communicates with instructors and provides support
• Communicates issues to partners, Program Lead, and appropriate administrator
• Communicates with college staff, the campus community, partners, and the public
• Arranges and coordinates internship placement programs for students
• Assists with college outreach activities, including on-site, online, and off-site info sessions, graduation and/or alumni events.
• Presents the program in absence of the Program Lead to public or business partners
• Attends student recruitment events, sets up table, distribute program flyers, and responds to program questions
• Tracks programs alumni and social media networking
• Assists with updating web and brochure/flyer content in coordination with the marketing team
Programs Budget Operations
• Reconciling enrollments, monitoring budgets and other budgetary documents for review
• Generating enrollment statistics and reports for budgeting
Other duties as assigned.
General knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods normally obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs. Knowledge of and ability to apply fundamental concepts.
• Working knowledge of and ability to apply standard theories, principles, practices, and techniques applicable to the program and/or administrative specialty to develop conclusions and make recommendations.
• Thorough knowledge or policies, procedures, and outside regulations pertaining to the applicable program and/or administrative specialty.
• Working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis and techniques.
• Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
• Skill in the research, development and evaluation of policies and programs, including skill in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
• Expertise in investing and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications.
• Demonstrate ability to effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or presentation form.
• Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
• Experience in course/program coordination or administration
• Equivalent of two years of progressively responsive clerical or technical office management
• Strong functional use of Microsoft office suite applications, student and course management systems, and customer relation management software.
• Working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis and techniques.
• Supervision skills in student or staff employee
• Ability to troubleshoot complex and varied client related problems in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction.
• Must possess strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written) skills, computer competency (Word, Excel, social media, content management systems, etc.).
• Skill in the data analysis, research, development and evaluation of policies and programs, including skill in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
• The ideal candidate for this position is enthusiastic, possesses a strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with market business partners and colleagues
• Strong customer service experience in a hospitality-related environment.
• Experience working with a diverse community.
Must possess a valid Driver's License and safe driving record with the ability to drive locally.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Experience in participating in cross-functional teams or committees to achieve organization-wide priorities.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee.
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference.
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Closing Date/Time: October 10, 2022
San Francisco, California