Description: Working Title
Programs & Outreach Coordinator SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.Department
Institute for Civic and Community Engagement Appointment Type
This is a one-year probationary position. Time Base
Full-Time (1.0) Work Schedule
Monday through Friday; from 8:00am to 5:00pm Anticipated Hiring Range
$4,606 to $5,118 per month ($55,272 to $61,416 annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position Summary
The Programs & Outreach Coordinator is responsible for events and programs within ICCE that contribute to student success and retention by using service as a tool to foster student development and community-building. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing, managing and coordinating the day-to-day-activities of a wide-ranging portfolio of student programs that allow students to gain direct experience and receive academic credit, including student supervision; recruitment and advisement; and program development, coordination, implementation, and assessment. Additionally, the coordinator plays a leadership role in advancing student social justice leadership development drawing from a foundation of social and racial justice practices and theories by connecting SF State students to service and social justice opportunities. The coordinator acts as a representative of ICCE in university-wide activities as related to student civic engagement programs and assists in building and strengthening ties with other departments within the university. The position is responsible for planning and coordinating campus-wide community service events and providing the infrastructure and oversight necessary to ensure the success of ICCE's student programs and expanding opportunities for SF State students to engage in civic and community engagement.
Additionally, this position will work collaboratively with other ICCE program coordinators to support community service learning and other existing programs of the Institute. Position Information
Responsible for all student programs under the purview of ICCE: America Reads, STEM Counts, Bay Area Justice Corps, Civic Engagement Action Fellows, Golden Gate National Parks Student Opportunity & Academic Internship Programs, and the Panetta Institute affiliated programs. Below provides an overview related to all programs, where applicable:
- Responsible for the development of recruiting strategy and materials and maintain communication and compliance with sponsoring partners;
- Continually maintain/improve and oversee the recruitment, hiring and orientation (includes the coordination the faculty/staff/student interview committee and process), professional development and support of students and their site placement;
- Maintain communication to engage with current and alumni student participants;
- Maintain communication and compliance with related faculty/department liaisons/course instructors as stipulated in the memorandum of understanding;
- Collaboratively work and provide support to course instructors who teach associated academic courses as aligned with programs;
- Coordinate all risk management requirements, if applicable (e.g. background check and TB verification);
- Maintain and manage budget and all fiscal aspects of programs (includes review, track, approve, and reconcile student timesheets and payable time);
- Conduct presentations and relevant workshops to the campus community;
- Manage, develop, and sustain placement partner/site relationships, including initiating and maintaining Memorandum of Understanding with associated partners and ensuring compliance;
- Responsible for collecting, tracking, and maintaining activities and related program data and contributing to annual reports;
- Coordinate and administer evaluation of programs. Organizes qualitative and quantitative data for review by ICCE staff, and provides data necessary for strategic planning related to program effectiveness.
- Research, compile, and present materials/resources of best practices from other campuses (state/nation- wide) and maintain currency in the field of experiential learning, as related to programs in an effort to continually improve and strengthen.
- As related to STEM Counts, co-supervise the VISTA member assigned to support the coordination and implementation.
- Supervise, train, mentor, and evaluate student assistants assigned to provide administrative support in this area.
Outreach and Events
- Serves as the primary liaison to other campus colleges/departments. e.g., ASI, College Resource Centers and Undergraduate Advising Center, etc. and represents ICCE in campus-wide events, such as Gator Talks, New Student and Transfer Orientiations.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating campus-wide community service events, such as Make a Difference Week, MLK Day of Service, and preparing our student leaders to facilitate these events.
- Coordinates the annual Civic & Community Engagement Awards Ceremony, including coordinating the selection of the keynote speaker. Develops budgets related to assigned annual and special events.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement communication and outreach strategies as related to ICCE's social media platforms (according and in compliance to the ICCE Marketing Plan) to raise awareness about ICCE programs.
- Supervise, train, mentor, and evaluate student assistants assigned to provide administrative support in this area.
Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate behaviors that are in line with the User Friendly Principles (P530C) and Principles of Conduct for a Multi-Cultural University (P30D)
- Demonstrate safe work practices for oneself, others and the office environment
Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply fundamental concepts.
- Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply standard theories, principles, practices, and techniques applicable to the program and/or administrative specialty to develop conclusions and make recommendations.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and outside regulations pertaining to and/or administrative specialty.
- Working knowledge of operational and fiscal analysis and techniques. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
- Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Skill in the research, development and evaluation of policies and programs, including skill in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications. Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or presentation form.
- Ability to compile, write, and present reports related to program or administrative specialty.
- Ability to train others on new skills and procedures and provide lead work direction.
A background check (which may include: checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records, motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position. Preferred Qualifications
- Have knowledge and experience working in various forms of experiential education and civic engagement with an emphasis on higher education, and a commitment to the common good and social justice.
- Sound grasp of academic internship pedagogy and experience in community engaged scholarship.
- An awareness of and commitment to the value and practice of assessment.
- Demonstrate commitment to the SF State and ICCE mission and core values. Core Competencies - embody the following competencies:
- Bias toward collaboration and teamwork.
- Effective oral, written and nonverbal communication skills.
- Customer/Client Focus with an emphasis in problem solving and resolution.
- Personal effectiveness and credibility as demonstrated by interpersonal and professional confidence.
- Diversity and inclusion.
- Must be able to move boxes of paper, office supplies, and sidewalk sign A-Frame message boards, and outreach materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, lift, move around tables and chairs for ICCE sponsored events.
- Occasional weekend and/or evening work will be required to provide outreach services to on and off-campus communities.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check. Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire. Benefits
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee. CSUEU Position
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference. Additional Information
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Closing Date/Time: August 19, 2022