Description: Working Title
Associate Director, Student Housing Administrator Level
This position is an Administrator I in the California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP), reporting to the Executive Director, Housing, Dining & Conference Services. SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. Department
Housing, Dining & Conference Services Time Base
Full-Time (1.0) Work Schedule
Monday through Friday; from 8:00am to 5:00pm Anticipated Hiring Range
$6,250.00 - $6,666.00 per month ($75,000.00 - $80,000.00 annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience. Position Summary
Under the general direction of the Executive Director (ED) of Housing, Dining & Conference Services (HCDS), the Associate Director has administrative and operational oversight of the Student Housing program. The Associate Director supervise employees and students within both units who are responsible for the program administration of all business-related and outreach functions of the program, including the design of systems and policies to provide efficient customer service and ensure smooth operation at the office. The Associate Director supports the mission of San Francisco State University (University) and Administration and Finance (A&F). Position Information
Leadership and Personnel Management
- Leads, directs and supervises HDCS's Student Housing staff to achieve excellence in the performance of work assignments and in the identification, development and execution of strategic initiatives in support of department, division and University strategic plans.
- Addresses personnel matters arising from HDCS including: employee recruitment, retention, performance management (organizational and individual), labor/employee relations, training and development.
- Represents the ED on services provided and gather information on enhancement opportunities which increase the viability of the department.
Operation and Compliance
- Analyze and develop policies and procedures within and across organizational lines to review and improve workflow that ensures effective, efficient and continuous student housing services at the University.
- Provides collaborative leadership in the sustainable operations, maintenance and management of HDCS facilities and infrastructure to reduce resource consumption and make SF State a model of sustainable best practices.
- Execute and enforce the terms and conditions of the License Agreement as well as provide interpretation of the terms and conditions of the CSU Housing regulations outlined in the State University Administrative Manual (SUAM), Title 5 of the California Education Code.
- Effectively manage projects and daily operations to ensure that new rules, regulations or other changes in operations are communicated in a clear and timely manner.
- Promotes departmental understanding and ensures compliance with Federal, State, CSU, University and division policies, regulatory and statutory requirements
- Advises and educates University employees, HDCS customers and stakeholders about relevant compliance requirements, trends, industry best practices and loss control/injury and illness prevention solutions.
Financial Reporting and Control
- Develop/implement policies and procedures intended to insure the billing collection, and occupancy reporting processes for the program is in accordance with departmental, University and CSU policies in addition to the application and licensing processes.
- Ensures the successful day-to-day financial management of the portfolio and maintains all necessary financial records in good order.
- Reviews all delinquent accounts and receivables, and determines necessary course of action to collect outstanding balances.
- Reviews all properties' monthly income and expense statement and reports any areas considered a problem.
- Maintains compliance within the budget during the fiscal year in order to ensure fiscal integrity.
- Demonstrate behaviors that are in line with the User Friendly Principles (P530C) and Principles of Conduct for a Multi-Cultural University (P30D)
- Demonstrate safe work practices for oneself, others and the office environment. Other Duties as Assigned
Other duties as assigned Minimum Qualifications
- 5+ years of directly related experience in student housing in higher education with an emphasis on trend analysis, marketing, brand imaging and administrative management.
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience, proficiency and success:
- In developing strategies to critically analyze and solve problems in a fast-paced, daily changing environment.
- In the use of interpersonal communication skills, presentations, reporting and other strategies to effectively inspire, influence and lead others and to achieve and maintain exceptionally high rates of customer satisfaction
- In the application of sound residential housing, business and financial management practices
- In the identification and application of appropriate strategies to critically analyze, solve and prevent systemic disconnects in operational patterns
- In the use of appropriate project management skills and solutions to manage institutional business and administrative practices and initiatives
- In the use of analytical, problem solving and conflict resolution strategies residential housing, and business practices, including demonstrated success collaboratively, diplomatically and effectively working to resolve sensitive matters
- In staff supervision, team-building, organizational development, and business management, including experience working in higher education, government or other complex administrative environments
- Experience with StarRez and/or a student housing platform
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with:
- Title V of the California Administrative code
- State University Administrative Manual (SUAM)
This position requires the successful completion of a background check. Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire. Benefits
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee. Additional Information
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Closing Date/Time: July 28, 2022