The Office Coordinator performs duties independently under general supervision to provide moderately to complex administrative and clerical support to the case managers, basic needs coordinators, and the department with all the functions necessary for a busy and highly visible department in the department of Student Services. This position coordinates serves as the in-person and digital welcoming for students, staff, and community members reaching out to our office. They directly perform and oversee student staff who assist with typical receptionist and administrative duties.Key Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Independently opens and organizes the front office and equipment on a daily basis (i.e., opens cabinets, logs-ins, maintains lobby/waiting areas)
- Coordinates the department voicemail and email accounts including daily operational and set-up/maintenance needs
- Coordinates, processes, and follows-up on media/interview requests for the department in consultation
- Coordinate office purchases, pay invoices, purchase tracking, reconciliation, etc., run budget reports
- Coordinates interdepartmental training sessions and outreach on behalf of SJSU Cares
- Provides assistance with outreach efforts such as sign-up shifts for university events, tabling, and promotion of programs Updates digital messaging boards
- Assist with publishing posts/messages to social media, monitoring and responding to messages as appropriate
- Provides updates and coordination of information for department websites
- Provides work direction to assigned student staff
- Coordinates, trains, and coaches the student assistants
- Processes incoming cases through our referral pathways
- Set up and assign cases to staff within Maxient software; run reports
- Schedules personal appointments, educational appointments, crisis appointments and case manager appointments
- Excellent customer service and public relation skills.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects.
- Detail-oriented, and ability to take initiative and complete assigned tasks with little supervision.
- Ability to research, interpret and take action based on an understanding of complex policies and procedures.
- Ability to use independent judgment, discretion, and initiative to address problems and develop practical, thorough, and creative solutions.
- Ability to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with internal affiliates and external agencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to instruct, inform, guide, and assist visitors, callers, and constituents in a patient and efficient manner.
- Ability to formulate daily, weekly, monthly reports for both internal and external use.
- Ability to work in a busy environment and multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to the work area.
- Ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions.
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents
- Three years of related office work experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years of administrative work experience
- Experience working in an environment with sensitive information
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,540/month - $4,200/month
Salary Range: $3,352/month - $5,639/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: August 18, 2021 through September 7, 2021
. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.Contact Information
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled