CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision, the Heavy Equipment Operator operates a combination of large equipment in support of facilities and grounds planting, repair, and maintenance projects. The incumbent, while assigned to operate equipment, also regularly performs laboring tasks in connection with the project undertaken.
• Performs skilled operation of heavy construction equipment; digging, excavation, shoring and grading; inspection and maintenance tasks; and following all equipment, site, personnel, and bystander safety precautions at all times.
• Performs regular equipment inspection and maintenance tasks.
• Occasionally operates light equipment, vans, trucks, mowers, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/2VjSSVn
• Equivalent to one year of heavy equipment operation, including regular or intermittent operation of vehicles, preferably related to heavy construction such as large track-type tractors, large tow trucks, tractor semitrailer combinations, bulldozers, or land planes and involving routine service and minor maintenance of the vehicles operated.
• LICENSE: CANDIDATE MUST POSSESS A VALID CALIFORNIA DRIVER'S LICENSE.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Knowledge of the rules of safe driving and the provisions of the State of California Vehicle Code pertaining to operation of vehicles described in the appropriate classification; and State of California General Industrial Safety orders related to the assigned tasks of the classification, particularly those related to vehicle and equipment operation, construction methods and practices, and the lifting and moving of heavy loads.
• Ability to operate assigned equipment safely; recognize safety hazards and follow practices and laws to insure safety; follow manuals and guidelines pertaining to operation of State vehicles; load and unload vehicles correctly and safely; follow oral and written instruction.
• Read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other people; service and make routine repairs of equipment operated; and perform manual labor as required by the duties of the position.
• Proficient in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification: 6367 - Heavy Constr Equip Operator
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $3371 -$5200, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3371 -$6098 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; 6:00am - 2:30pm, Monday through Friday; may need to work after hours, weekends and holidays to support regular project work and emergency projects.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• Applications received through August 12, 2021, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled
Los Angeles, California