PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary function is to provide professional engineering work in the management, coordination, design, investigation, and construction of private development including public infrastructure and be the front-line representative of the City for these projects and private developers. The position supervises other staff.
- Previous supervisory or leadership roles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with developers, public, and other City departments.
- CAD and/or ArcGIS skills are a plus.
- Must be able to operate a PC, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organization skills for maintaining department files and databases.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Minimum six (6) years’ experience in Civil Engineering.
- Must be a P.E. in good standing in the State of Texas or able to obtain with six (6) months of employment.
- Prefer over two (2) years of experience in utility and/or street design or construction to effectively
work with developers, contractors, and engineers regarding construction and development.
- A certified floodplain manager or ability to achieve certification.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License, with a clear driving record and able to obtain within 30 days of hire.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.