About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
DEN is looking for a Senior IT Security Analyst to join our Information Security team. The Information Security team is responsible for the protection of DEN's information, infrastructure, and IT services by the application of the following programs: security architecture, security operations, risk management, and compliance.
In this position, you will provide general cybersecurity expertise and serve as Tier I incident response for DEN Business Technologies. Additionally, you will have an opportunity to accomplish the following:
- Monitor DEN information security control systems and IT system logs for anomalous events and respond in accordance with the cybersecurity incident response plan.
- Create and maintain documented processes and procedures for responding to security events, alerts, and incidents.
- Create and maintain metrics around SOC performance suitable for leadership.
- Work with DEN engineers and third-party service providers to optimize inputs to SIEM.
- Advise SOC leadership on the potential for new SIEM use cases and use case modification to improve quality of SOC detections and alerts.
- Provide expertise around emerging threats relevant to DEN.
- Perform general information security risk assessments and write summary reports for existing and new IT services and new technology projects related to information security.
- Provide hands-on administrative support to cyber security specific applications and appliances used to test controls, provide additional detections, etc.
- Partner with compliance team members to respond to internal and external audits of information security controls and cyber security incident response.
- Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned.
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- The ability to be self-directed as well as the ability to work independently and within groups
- Sensitivity to accuracy, timeliness, and professionalism
- A strong background and experience in Cybersecurity and Networking
- Security operations center experience
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics or a related field.
- Experience: Three (3) years of administering information security systems to include any or all of the following: information security architecture, information security procedures and controls, physical security, attack & penetration testing, application testing, information assurance program gap analysis and incident response.
- Licensures/Certification(s): None
- Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.About Everything Else
CI3294 IT Security Analyst Senior
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$83,348.00 - $137,524.00
Based on Education and Experience
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here