Definition and Class Characteristics Through the services of its departments, Nevada County's Health & Human Services Agency develops and implements programs that fulfill the County's commitment to provide support to our residents. We are pleased to be recruiting to fill several positions for Behavioral Health Therapists in a variety of capacities!
Our Behavioral Health Therapists provide the following support to community members:
- Assessment, treatment planning, individual and group therapy, collateral/parent counseling
- Crisis intervention, case management, and documentation of services
- Screening potential clients on the phone
Services are provided in consultation with the clinical team and regional partners and outside agencies. Individuals who show patience, understanding, and caring in their dealings with others are highly valued. Other relevant personal traits include social skills, a strong sense of responsibility, and the ability to manage time effectively. The work is always interesting and provides opportunities for collaborative, creative problem solving. We seek to hire individuals who are not only caring but also bring a sense of humor and fun at the right time.
We are currently seeking Therapists for the following programs and services:
- One Therapist in Grass Valley to support our Quality Assurance Program, performing internal and external audits and program reviews. This position is full-time and fully benefited.
- One Therapist to provide direct services for English and Spanish-speaking children and adults in the Truckee offices. This position requires bilingual English/Spanish proficiency, and the background process will include both a written and oral examination. This position is full time and fully benefited and will be eligible for a Truckee differential and a bilingual differential.
- Several part-time, temporary Therapists to provide direct services in both our Children's and Adult divisions. A temporary, part-time employee works an average 20 hours but not more than 29 hours per week, for a maximum of 1000 hours per fiscal year. Temporary employees earn sick leave but are not eligible for benefits or CalPERS.
For fully benefitted positions, the County of Nevada offers an extensive benefit package including, but not limited to, CalPERS retirement, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, and an FSA. We also offer flexible schedules to our staff, depending on program needs!
Why Nevada County? Our leadership values employee development and engagement, promotes open and transparent communication, sets us up to be a high-performing organization, and recognizes our contributions. Our leadership connects with the community, listens to them, and provides important programming to keep us safe and healthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Read the full Behavioral Therapist II job description
to learn more
. Knowledge and Skills Required
Closing Date/Time: Continuous