JOB SUMMARY :
Under general supervision, this position is filled on a temporary basis and is responsible for teaching swimming classes and assisting the pubic in the safe use of swimming pools.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS : (Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following)
- Monitors all activity within pool and surrounding area.
- If trained, makes rescues and provides emergency first aid within the boundaries of training.
- Informs public of policies and procedures of pool.
- Performs routine maintenance as required.
- Cautions swimmers/public regarding unsafe areas or conditions.
- Teaches swim classes.
- Performs other duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED :
Education and Experience :
Any combination of education, training, and experience which provides knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the job and related to the essential functions of the position.
Licenses and Certifications :
- Standard First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer Certificate will be required prior to performing instructor duties.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certificate preferred. Lifeguard training will be required prior to any life guarding duties.
- Water Safety Instructor Certificate will be required prior to performing instructor duties on pool site.
- Grade: TMP-6
- Minimum Salary: 10
- Maximum Salary: 10
- Pay Basis: HOURLY