DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES Division:
DHHS - DIVISION OF CHILD AND FAMILY SERVICES Business Unit:
HR-NEVADA YOUTH TRAINING CTR Work Type:
PERMANENT Pay Grade:
GRADE 31 Salary Range:
$43,346.88 - $63,746.64 Fulltime/Parttime:
Full Time Recruiter:
DARRELL MORLAN Phone:
775 684-0126 Email:
The Nevada Division of Child and Family Services (DCFS) is recruiting for a Group Supervisor 2 in our program Nevada Youth Training Center located in Elko, Nevada. Incumbents possess a degree of knowledge and proficiency sufficient to perform work independently with little or no additional training.
Group Supervisors perform duties involving the education, employment, training, treatment, care and custody of juvenile offenders residing within a State Youth Training Center; maintain comprehensive records of assigned youths' program activities; and provide individual guidance pursuant to State or federal laws and regulations. Supervise the activities of youths within assigned unit; directly observe work habits, social behavior, and attitude to ensure conduct meets established rules and regulations of the institution; provide assistance and direction to youths in the performance of assignments, acceptable behavior, proper dress and personal hygiene; participate as a member of a treatment team to implement a treatment plan; document progress or problems in youths' development. Conduct intake interviews; review case history file and complete required intake forms and documents concerning personal and medical history and family data; interview youths and document personality traits and functioning levels; supply immediate needs such as clothing, supplies and room assignment; orient and instruct youths in unit rules and regulations; conduct physical search of persons and possessions for unauthorized articles and contraband.
To see full Class Specifications visit: http://hr.nv.gov/Resources/ClassSpecs/Class_Specifications-12_0//
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in psychology, social work, sociology, counseling and guidance, human services, social services, education, criminal justice or closely related field and one year of experience working with the public or clients which included coordinating or supervising work, people, or activities in a custodial, employment program, therapeutic, educational, recreational program or correctional setting; OR graduation from high school or equivalent education and three years of experience working with the public or clients; one year which included coordinating or supervising work, people, or activities in a custodial, employment program, therapeutic, educational, recreational program or correctional setting; OR one year as a Group Supervisor I in Nevada State service; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience as described above.
Application Evaluation Exam
- The exam will consist of an application and resume evaluation. It is essential that applications/resumes include detailed information with time frames regarding education and experience. The most qualified applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for interview. The hiring agency may require specific skills related testing as part of the interviewing process.
- A valid driver's license is required at time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.
- As a condition of appointment and continuing employment, positions are subject to call-back, overtime on short notice, stand-by status, and may require work on evenings, weekends, or holidays.
- Pursuant to NRS 62B.270 and the Federal Prison Rape Elimination Act, applicants must submit to a criminal and child abuse background check and said background must be clear of any disqualifying offenses.
- Pursuant to NRS 284.4066, all positions in this series have been identified as affecting public safety. Persons offered employment in these positions must first submit to a pre-employment screening for controlled substances.
This recruitment may close at any time based on the number of applications received. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The State of Nevada is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or belief, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, domestic partnership, genetic information (GINA), or compensation and/or wages.
Nearest Major Market: Elko