: Assistant Professor of Finance (Investments) Effective Date:
August 17, 2022 (Fall Semester) Salary Range:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience Application Deadline
: Review of applications to begin September 7, 2021. Position open until filled (or recruitment canceled) College of Business Department of Finance Required Qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Finance, Financial Engineering or related field from an AACSB accredited institution. Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2022.
- Demonstrated potential to teach in the areas of Investments at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Demonstrated potential to effectively develop curriculum in the areas of Investments
- Demonstrated potential for research, scholarly, and creative activities leading to publications
- Demonstrated potential for service contributions to the department, college, university, and community
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- Effective teaching experience at the college level
- Successful/forthcoming publication record and/or promising research in Finance.
- Knowledge with Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) curriculum
- Knowledge with CFA certification
- Teach and develop undergraduate/graduate level courses in area of Investments or related field. [ Mode of instruction may include in-person, hybrid, online, and/or any combination thereof. ]
- Engage and maintain a program of scholarly research in the field of Finance leading to presentations and publications
- Participate in service to the department, college, university, and community service activities
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University's strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here: https://www2.calstate.edu/csu-system/careers/benefits/Documents/employee-benefits-summary.pdf How To Apply - Required Documentation:
How to Apply:
- An Equity and Diversity Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (maximum two pages, single-spaced). For further information and guidelines, please visit: http://www.csulb.edu/EquityDiversityStatement
- Letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications
- Transcript from institution awarding highest degree
- Evidence of research and/or publication in the field, if applicable
- Evidence of effective teaching, if applicable (i.e. student evaluations)
- Three references (to be contacted for confidential letters of recommendation should you reach the finalist stage)
- Finalists should be prepared to submit an official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
Click Apply Now icon to complete the CSULB online application
Requests for information should be addressed to:
Dr. Lu Zhu, Search Committee Chair
Department of Finance
College of Business
California State University, Long Beach
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-8505
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled