Working Title Associate Dean for Academic Programs (Administrator III)
Classification Title Administrator III
The Associate Dean for Academic Programs (ADAP) is responsible for the overall quality and success of undergraduate and graduate programs in the College of Business (COB), including CCE supported programs. This individual, the Associate Dean for Faculty and Support (ADFS), and the Director of Graduate Programs (DGP) are key members of the administrative leadership team of the College of Business and report directly to the Dean. The ADAP works in tandem with the ADFS and the DGP, as a member of the senior COB leadership team, and reports to, and may at times act as the designee of, the Dean.
In consultation with the Dean and other COB stakeholders, the ADAP works to create and maintain innovative and impactful business programs that align with the COB mission and strategic direction. The COB's priorities include but are not limited to technology, innovation, and impact with a focus on teaching effectiveness, academic excellence, and operational efficiency. The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing operational leadership to promote excellence in all phases of the COB's academic activities in compliance with University policy and accreditation standards. Aligned with the COB vision and strategy, this role requires collaborative work with Department Chairs, program directors, and faculty to ensure that programs address market trends and create local and global engagement. The ADAP is a key participant in school-wide strategic planning and execution.
Expected to support Sacramento State's Five Imperatives: reduce time to degree, increase campus diversity, inclusion, and equity, increase philanthropic giving, community collaboration and safety.
FLSA MPP - This position is defined in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) of the California State University. It is excluded from the collective bargaining process and is exempt from overtime provisions of FLSA. This position is covered by health benefits.
Classification Salary Range
$6,250 - $18,750 monthly
Salary Grade/Range 1
Is this position Hourly or Intermittent? No
Regular or Temporary Regular
Full Time or Part Time Full Time
Pay Plan 12
Work Hours Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm; other hours as required
The California State University, Sacramento - College of Business (COB) develops engaged, responsible, and inclusive leaders that enrich communities around the world. The Faculty in the COB are committed to providing the highest quality of education and serving as resources to its students. Founded in 1947, the COB offers four graduate degrees and one undergraduate degree. The COB has been accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the world leader in business school accreditation and a hallmark of excellence achieved by only 5% of colleges worldwide, since 1963. The COB is located in California's vibrant capital city, Sacramento.
Sacramento is one of the most diverse cities in the country that boasts a Mediterranean climate with an average of 265 days of sunshine a year. Foodies love the fresh ingredients and inspired dishes of the local Farm-to-Fork movement, outdoorsy types float on the two great rivers or hike along the American River Parkway, cultural connoisseurs embrace the city's bustling nightlife and arts events. Sacramento is also located within two hours of San Francisco, Napa Valley, and Lake Tahoe. http://www.csus.edu/cba/
1. Doctorate in Business related discipline from an AACSB or EQUIS or AMBA accredited business program.
2. A strong record of accomplishment in the areas of teaching, research, and service that would merit appointment as a Full Professor in one academic Department of the College of Business;
3. Three years of experience in the role of department chair, or a comparable position;
4. Experience with budget management (e.g. budget allocations);
5. Experience building and staffing academic schedules that meet the needs of undergraduate and graduate students - including CCE supported programs;
6. Extensive experience with curriculum development endeavors;
7. Extensive experience with assessment;
8. Experience with technology-supported teaching environments and pedagogical approaches (e.g., co-located classrooms, 'flipping' the classroom, online education, etc.);
9. Experience working with other academic units to assure effective utilization of faculty and staff resources to meet student needs;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
10. Demonstrated commitment to diversity; and experience in working within an ethnically and culturally diverse academic community;
11. Evidence of ability to determine priorities, effectively manage multiple projects, and set and meet deadlines;
12. Demonstrated ability to analyze and implement creative solutions to complex problems or challenges;
13. Evidence of promoting scholarly excellence through service, mentorship, or similar activities;
14. Evidence of advanced interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish, maintain, and model effective working relationships with various constituencies including faculty, students, and staff within and across the university;
15. Demonstrated record of high quality written and oral communication for varied audiences;
16. Demonstrated ability to work in a shared governance environment or similar organizational setting;
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Ability to pass background check.
17. Knowledge of the most recent AACSB standards and reaffirmation of accreditation processes or other accreditation processes
18. Experience working in the collective bargaining environment
19. Experience working on a large, urban university or college campus
20. Record of significant and successful involvement and leadership in college and university organizations
21. Experience with international programs and international students
22. Experience with managing programs at geographically-dispersed campuses (e.g., satellite campuses)
Valid driver's license and maintenance of safe driving record required.
Is Background Check Required Yes
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S..
Hiring Preference Not Applicable
Conflict of Interest
The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, an on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html.
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/.
Posting Number AS0918P
Number of Vacancies 1
Open Date 06/18/2021
Open Until Filled Yes
Priority Application Deadline 08/24/2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
Recruitment is open until filled. Applications received by August 24, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. will receive priority review.
Anticipated appointment: January 2022
Contact Name Employment Services
Contact Phone 916-278-6326
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled