Working Title Administrative Support Coordinator I
Classification Title Administrative Support Coordinator I
The Administrative Support Coordinator I (ASC I) provides staff and program support for the Division of Criminal Justice's undergraduate and graduate programs. The incumbent works directly with the Department Administrative Support Coordinator II (ASCII) providing assistance to the Chair, ASCII, program coordinators, faculty, SSPIII and other staff, students, and general public. The incumbent serves as back-up to the Department staff and ensures front counter and telephone coverage during normal business hours. As needed, the incumbent will be expected to provide lead work direction for student assistant(s).
The incumbent is expected to work under pressure with frequent interruptions while prioritizing assignments in order to meet deadlines. They are expected to deal cordially and professionally with visitors to the department office from a variety of racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds. The incumbent must maintain confidentiality of materials and information received within the office.
FLSA Non-Exempt - This position is covered by health benefits, and is non-exempt, (eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Classification Salary Range
$3,064 - $5,148 monthly
Hiring Range $3064-$3584 monthly
Salary Grade/Range 1
Is this position Hourly or Intermittent? No
Regular or Temporary Regular
Full Time or Part Time Full Time
Pay Plan 12
Work Hours Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
The Division of Criminal Justice's undergraduate program is one of the highest ranked academic programs at Sacramento State, and it is the second highest major in the university. The Division provides education to approximately 2000 majors and pre-majors, maintaining one of the most diverse faculty and student programs within the University. The Division also has a modest sized graduate program and several active research and co-curricular programs and center(s) being coordinated by faculty.
Entry to this classification requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Some positions may require knowledge of business mathematics beyond basis arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience.
1. Successful experience performing clerical and/or administrative support duties in an office environment.
2. Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
3. Thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems and packages.
4. Ability to independently plan and organize multiple work unit priorities and projects, and take related initiatives.
5. Ability to apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist.
6. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
7. Ability to perform business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data, and make simple projections.
8. Ability to draft and compose correspondence and standard reports.
9. Ability to effectively handle a broad range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature.
10. Attention to detail and outstanding organization and problem solving skills administrative support position skill level.
11. Ability to create/design and disseminate event materials (flyers, mailings, programs, newsletters, etc).
12. Ability to support multiple programs within the division, including the graduate program.
13. Ability to create and manage zoom/webinar and related information technology meeting platforms.
14. Ability to manage or assist in division social media communication networks, including website updates.
15. Ability to perform assigned task
16. Ability to maintain confidentiality and identify sensitive information.
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to pass a background check.
17. Experience working in an institution of higher education.
18. Knowledge of University CASCADE web design program and graphics.
19. Thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university, policies, and procedures
20. Thorough knowledge and use of University system software to include CMS, PeopleSoft: HR/Student Administration; Procurement Card (ProCard), Procurement- all modules, Visitor Parking, and ASTRA.
21. Experience with planning and executing events.
22. Experience with processing of supplemental/student applications, updates to advising databases, and updates to advising materials.
23. Experience in answering questions regarding major requirements and referring students to appropriate resources for more complicated or in-depth questions.
24. Experience in staff work orientation and training.
Is Background Check Required Yes
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S..
Hiring Preference Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment.
Conflict of Interest
The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, an on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html.
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/.
Posting Number AS0913P
Number of Vacancies 1
Open Date 06/09/2021
Open Until Filled Yes
Priority Application Deadline 06/23/2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
It is anticipated that all employees will be working on-site on or before August 2, 2021.
Recruitment is open until filled. Priority application deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, June 23, 2021.
Instructions for required diversity statement document: Given Sacramento State's commitment to diversity and inclusion for all students, faculty, staff and administrators, describe your individual commitment and experiences as well as its place in your work or professional training. What contributions are you most proud of that demonstrate commitment to promoting an inclusive environment? Please, limit your response to not more than 300 words!
Contact Name Employment Services
Contact Phone 916-278-6326
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* What is the highest level of education attained?
High School Diploma
* How many years of Administrative support experience do you have?
10 or more
Documents Needed To Apply
Letter of Recommendation
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled