Salary: $110,089 USD
Salary Top: $165,134
Apply By: Jun 18, 2021
The Senior Project Manager reports to Director, Capital Program Delivery and is responsible for developing, managing, and administering capital funded civil design and construction projects ranging from $20 - $200 million for the Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board (Caltrain).
- Responsible for overall management of scope, schedule, budget and quality of assigned capital projects from initiation to closeout.
- Manage projects through design, procurement and construction.
- Manage consultant and in-house staff in formal design reviews of bridges, track and structures projects.
- Manage coordination and communications with all involved parties. Collaborate and build consensus.
- Respond to others and seek to understand by asking questions and active listening.
- Represent JPB at Board, Commission, Council, and Community Meetings.
- Present project status at regular review meetings.
- Review cost estimates, monitor project schedules and budgets, monitor work in progress, approve, authorize, negotiate and execute contract changes, consultant invoices and process payments.
- Coordinate with the Resident Engineer and Construction Management Staff during construction.
- Prepare work directives to engage design consultants and oversee design work.
- Responsible for handover of completed project to systems integration and operations staff.
- Investigate, negotiate and resolve project issues.
- Identify root cause of issues. Determine and present appropriate solutions.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Sufficient education, training and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related fields.
- Five years of full-time professional project management experience Civil, Structural, or Transportation Engineering.
- Possession of a current California Professional Engineer’s License.
- Transportation in rail or construction management experience.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must possess a California driver’s license with a safe driving record.
SELECTION PROCESS MAY INCLUDE:
The process will include a panel interview and may include written and skills test assessments or supplemental questions. Only those candidates who are the most qualified will continue in the selection process. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to continue in the process. Selected candidate must successfully complete a background investigation.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply, please visit the https://www.caltrain.com/about/jobs.html. Complete an online employment application and if required the supplemental questionnaire. This is a Continuous Recruitment (1st Cut-off June 18, 2021). A resume will not be accepted in lieu of the application and supplemental questionnaire. Incomplete application will not be considered.
- The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities upon request. If you have a need for an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at (650) 508-6308.
- SamTrans celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive, and welcoming workplace environment. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans are encourage to apply.
1250 San Carlos Ave., San Carlos, California