The Johnson County Mental Health Center is seeking qualified applicants to fill the position of Staff Psychiatrist
working with individuals in a Community Mental Health Center setting. Johnson County Mental Health Center serves the mental health needs of a growing and diverse community in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Johnson County Mental Health Center, a department of Johnson County (Kansas) Government, has been devoted to providing quality mental health services to the citizens of this great community for over 50 years. Services offered include specialized programs for adults with severe mental illness, children with serious emotional disturbances, as well as programs focused on substance use disorders. The Johnson County community exhibits all of the hallmarks of a great community: a thriving and growing business sector; nationally-recognized public schools; first class cultural and recreational amenities; and distinctive and welcoming neighbors. This posting will remain open until filled.
Job responsibilities include:
- Provides ongoing review, assessment, and medical management of patients receiving psychotropic medications.
- Provides consultation to members of Mental Health Center's non-medical and interdisciplinary professional staff, as necessary, concerning Mental Health Center patients for whom the Psychiatrist carries responsibility.
- Provides psychiatric consultation regarding any Mental Health Center patient with complex or unique needs.
- Provides professional education and training to other staff.
- Completes same day documentation for all direct psychiatric services provided.
- Prepares other documentation, or reviews, approves, revises, and provides signatory responsibility for various client related documents prepared by other Mental Health Center staff.
Requires a medical degree (MD or DO); successful completion of an ACGME accredited Psychiatry Residency Program & must also be eligible for licensure to practice in Kansas. Must have board eligibility or certification through ABPN. The selected applicant must also successfully fulfill the requirements of our background check.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Please apply online or contact Samantha Veronda at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Occasional (less than 5%)
Health, Welfare, and Social Services